WE FOLLOW

CUZZ WE SUPPORT TORONTO

TORONTOOOO

TORONTOOOO

AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT

WE LIKE IT

WE LIKE IT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats guys. As a Caps fan I can only say I hope Montreal stays in the USL for a long time. I had hoped to have 3 top flight Canadian teams but Montreal doesn't deserve it. Santos I could forgive but this? I'm now glad it was Portland who got in with us. At least they have balls!

As a Dero fan I can honestly say that was the best I've seen him play in a long time. When he is on his game he is a scary mofo and boy was he on his game tonight.

Go far, go deep and good luck getting to the Club World Cup. I'll be cheering for you.

^ there is talk that they've got something else significant in the works. No details but I hear that they might be sniffing around another team's discovery list

They are going to need more defensive help because, frankly, Serioux is playing in significant pain and who knows how long he'll be able to gut it out.

They also need to deal with the reality that Cummins doesn't like Vitti (vitti isn't giving him much reason to like him) and they are unwilling to play him in his natural position. I'm not sure what the terms of his loan deal are but I have been told by a reliable contact that Cummins has already asked Mo to terminate it.

I have a feeling that there will be at least a couple of players coming into this roster, especially now that the team has qualified for CCL.

^^^^^ Isn´t this a Canadian National Team support group? You guys think that the game here will be better off with the great city of Montreal not getting an MLS team?

Toronto will always be my home, but I´ll always support Canadian teams and cities over American ones, not that I have anything against them. Best of luck in the USL Impact.

By the way, your team may be down right now, but you guys still have better food, girls, and style than Toronto. Fact.

I will certainly cheer for TFC in the Champions League, and Dero was absolutely unbelievable last night; however, I can only respond with disgust at the approach to the game taken by the Impact. While I am hesitant to say that they threw the game, the lacklustre lineup fielded by Dos Santos leaves ne scratching my head.

Last year, I watched the 'Caps tie TFC 2-2 at Swangard. Vancouver was eliminated from Champions League at that point, but we played like a team possessed. MOst of the Impact players on the pitch last night gave a reasonable effort, but it is very clear why many of them are not starters. With at least 3 starters available, it is unsporting that Dos Santos started a weak and ineffective lineup. It seemed that he could not have cared less about the result, and that brings the integrity of the game into disrepute.

What Impact team EVER gives up 6 goals at home or away? What Impact team EVER gets that dominated? It was a shameful display.

Good luck to TFC, but the Whitecaps were robbed by a brutal display of soccer by the Impact.

Dos Santos "didn't throw" last night's game in the same way NBA and NHL teams "don't tank" the last dozen or so games of their seasons for the best chance at a lottery pick.

Dos Santos made no attempt at fielding a competitive lineup, nor did most of the players give a true competitive effort.

That said, Go TFC in CCL. Better you than some Puerto Rico scum.

quote:Originally posted by earlimus

^^^^^ Isn´t this a Canadian National Team support group? You guys think that the game here will be better off with the great city of Montreal not getting an MLS team?

Just some bitterness on my part. I was happy for Montreal when they had their big CCL run and actually felt sad for them when they crashed and burned in Santos. To have them do what they did last night (FOLD COMPLETELY) after all that makes me very angry.

The Impact have insulted their fans, their sport and may have just shot themselves in the foot for MLS. Who wants to go watch a team that folds? Not Montreal sports fans. See how attendance goes now.

They may get into MLS but I'll find it hard to get excited about it.

quote:Originally posted by Ian Kennett

Last year, I watched the 'Caps tie TFC 2-2 at Swangard. Vancouver was eliminated from Champions League at that point, but we played like a team possessed.

Actually they weren't. Let's kill that talk before it becomes another piece of Voyageurs assumed knowledge.

Going into that game Vancouver was on 3pts, Toronto on 3pts, and Montreal on 6pts. Vancouver needed to win (by multiple goals IIRC) and then have TFC beat Montreal in the final game. That would have left everyone knotted on 6pts and pushed it to goal difference.

INTERESTINGLY, if the alternative head-to-head results tie-break were used for the tournament that year - as is being suggested now - and TFC had held onto their lead in Vancouver (which seemed likely until Edu's brainfart) TFC would have advanced with the draw they got at home versus Montreal. I point this out because I remember watching that game and being pissed that Montreal's big victories against Vancouver had solidly swung the tournament in their favour. In the game TFC had to push for more goals even though they were leading because "just a win" against Vancouver wouldn't change the result they needed against Montreal. If the rules were different last year it's very likely that the tournament could have ended differently.

But now that Toronto won it's becoming a cause celebre here.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

comparing the results of last years, hard fought, well played, great tournament, to this years sham, is ridiculous.

Only your team was a sham. The other two teams did play well and had a great tournament.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

They also need to deal with the reality that Cummins doesn't like Vitti (vitti isn't giving him much reason to like him) and they are unwilling to play him in his natural position. I'm not sure what the terms of his loan deal are but I have been told by a reliable contact that Cummins has already asked Mo to terminate it.

Hope you are wrong as I think Vitti could have a lot to offer in the next 2 to 3 months but have a sinking feeling you are probably not, as he's been subbed off quicker than I expected a couple of times recently. Where a player making almost 300k against the cap is concerned I can understand the expectation of instant results when there are interim coach jobs still very much on the line (the game in Montreal would soon be a distant memory if there are three defeats in a row at any point in the next few weeks after all;)).

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by BHTC Mike

Actually they weren't. Let's kill that talk before it becomes another piece of Voyageurs assumed knowledge.

Going into that game Vancouver was on 3pts, Toronto on 3pts, and Montreal on 6pts. Vancouver needed to win (by multiple goals IIRC) and then have TFC beat Montreal in the final game. That would have left everyone knotted on 6pts and pushed it to goal difference.

Exactly, that is why the southside was chanting "Aaaall we are saaaying, is giiive us four gooooals".

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Only your team was a sham. The other two teams did play well and had a great tournament.

I know, Rudi, one team making it a sham this year makes the tournament a sham.

It's also one more team not trying then there was last year.

You won the tournament because you were lucky enough to face a team that didnt care. Of course you don't see anything wrong with the tournament this year.

I know, Rudi, one team making it a sham this year makes the tournament a sham.

It's also one more team not trying then there was last year.

You won the tournament because you were lucky enough to face a team that didnt care. Of course you don't see anything wrong with the tournament this year.

Stop putting words in my proverbial mouth.

Toronto could only beat the team in front of them. There were 11 players wearing Impact jerseys. They were crap.

They did not lose due to a lack of effort or desire, however. Go look at the stats, Montreal had a few shots on goal on the counter as Toronto was throwing everything forward.

The Montreal Impact - and they were the Montreal Impact, there is no provision for who is wearing the jersey - got overrun by a team determined to score at least four more than their opposition. End of story.

Stop putting words in my proverbial mouth.

Toronto could only beat the team in front of them. There were 11 players wearing Impact jerseys. They were crap.

They did not lose due to a lack of effort or desire, however. Go look at the stats, Montreal had a few shots on goal on the counter as Toronto was throwing everything forward.

The Montreal Impact - and they were the Montreal Impact, there is no provision for who is wearing the jersey - got overrun by a team determined to score at least four more than their opposition. End of story.

You said the impact were the only sham, you were lucky enough to face that sham team, making you guys win the cup, making the cup win a sham.

Were we to play our regular team, it would be surprising to see you score more than one goal, like every other game you've ever played against us.

Were we to play our regular team, it would be surprising to see you score more than one goal, like every other game you've ever played against us.

Keep making excuses.

History will say that TFC beat the Impact 6-1 to win the V-Cup. As I said, there is no provision for who wore the Impact jerseys, just that there were 11 of them on the field.

Keep making excuses.

History will say that TFC beat the Impact 6-1 to win the V-Cup. As I said, there is no provision for who wore the Impact jerseys, just that there were 11 of them on the field.

Like you guys did last year?? [:P]

Trident, MTL starting lineup had 6 players who started in at least one game in the V Cup. In the 5 who didn't (Byers, Srdjan, Mayard, Mayard and Donatelli) only the Mayard brothers could be consider as inexperienced players. Byers has been a sub in 2 other V Cup games. Srdjan has some MLS and USL experience. Donatelli has played over 80 games in the USL since 2006.

The lineup MTL used was experienced enough to come away with a better result than 6-1. I don't know many teams who when they are fielding 6 players "starters" (well, let say who are consider good enough to start when it count), 3 others decent back up with decent pro experience and 2 youngsters (who didn't looked out of place in the case of PRM) who'll pass from a 1-0 team to a 6-1 team.

Yes, this wasn't MTL strongest lineup but it's still no excuses for crashing like that. That was a decent starting 11 and the players used were no slouches, the subs were pretty good (Pesoli, Placentino and Brillant). Stop making it sound like MTL used a reserve team, only 2 players are really "reserves" and the 12 others who played that game were consider good enough for MTL roster.

The real difference was Srdjan who had an off night. 3 goals were on him. You played your back up keeper and you paid the price.

MTL was supposed to be the class of USL, they had depth and 2 good players at almost every position and keeping everyone happy was supposed to be a problem for the coaching staff. So, how come this perfectly legit lineup compose of players good enough to help MTL in a long CCL run lost 6-1 to a team of a similar level?

There's not that much difference between your 11 regulars and the team that played thursday to justify this kind of gap.

Please remember that Antonio Ribeiro, who's playing in the MLS right now, wasn't good enough to make the team....

<<a team of a similar level?>>

There's your answer, Loyola. They're not of similar level. Toronto has played down to the USL clubs' level before now, and this time was publicly shamed by a protest in Toronto into playing like it counted.

They walked over Montreal because they played like they need to walk over someone. Playing Srdjan in net didn't help the Impact, but I don't doubt that against Vancouver that game would have been 3-1, 4-1 just as naturally.

Archived