What we learned tonight

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

All people talk about now is how this forum is dead. And they are quitting coming here.

It is because of bull**** threads like this and people acting like greating dicks.

Au Contraire my freind. This is exactly the story line that adds history and lore to competitions. It get people talking, debating and discussing. What would there be to talk about and rememeber had the final scoreline been, say, 1-0 TFC?

People remember these kind of thing and thats what adds to the intrigue, drama for subsequent years. There is now real emotion and animosity rather than the annoying contrive and fabricated animosities that we have sometimes seen in forums for the past two years. This is certain to spur interest even further.

I dont see anything really personably objectionable written by Caps fans. Just about every TFC fan would feel the same if the situation were reversed. the sports entertainment business exists on fans having an emotional investment on the outcome. Thats why we watch.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key player that didn't play was Matt Jordan...and to be fair, Serge had an awful night. I don't know if Jordan allows 6 goals, mostly because he'd organize the inexperienced back 4 a lot better.

As far as the tournament goes...someone mentioned the importance of 4 teams. That would allow for 2 two leg semi finals, and a 2 legged final, resulting in no more meaningless games. Let's hope Hamilton or Winnipeg or Ottawa or somebody comes on board in USL very soon.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Exactly, TFC took a few chances by playing attacking football like that and MTL had their moments where they could've scored and change the outcome of the tournament. If the game had finished 5-2 for TFC on a last second goal by MTL, no one would say a word and probably Vancouverand most neutral fans would've praised MTL players for their character.

Because it didn't happened it's now a proof it was corrupt and MTL players didn't try? People need some perspective and understand that one goal was the difference here 5-2 instead of 6-1 and Vancouver would've won the V cup.

Stop complaining.

THE IMPACT CALLED IT IN ... dont tell anyone to stop complaining you get your ass handed to you by a rival team ! Why would you not complain any team that gets thumped 6-1 is a joke to the league and any competition.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Also, for all those original Vs that put in money to get the Voyageur's Cup going, is this not the coolest picture?

df5db09b4e0c853212daae5c8590.jpeg

Sure is. Kinda weird to see our measly contributions mean something

important to Canadian soccer history.

Congratulations to Toronto FC, especially to DDR. My hearts goes

out to the Whitecaps for the bitter pill, but for TFC to muster up

SIX goals was quite impressive.

we learned that the format needs to change to the original idea of a round robin and then a championship game, montreal had nothing to play for and tfc had everything to play for and it showed in the scoreline, if the CSA was competent they make the required rule changes to ensure that future Voyageurs Cups are fair.

All credit to Toronto and especially DeRo who was a man on fire last night. I hope Vancouver kicks the **** out of Montreal on Sunday (figuratively and literally).

quote:The key player that didn't play was Matt Jordan...and to be fair, Serge had an awful night. I don't know if Jordan allows 6 goals, mostly because he'd organize the inexperienced back 4 a lot better.

Yup. That was my thinking watching it too. The hardest thing to do when you have a great #1 keeper is get your backup keeper game time. You can't play them in big games, you can't play them in what you think are close games, and for Montreal this year struggling that's not many if any. A means-nothing game like this is probably one of the few times you can get your backup good minutes against a quality opponent.

Could be completely OTL but I get the feeling there was bad blood between the Montreal and Vancouver organizations long before kickoff. Was there something(s) the Caps org did that pissed Saputo off? Perhaps something related to the bid process?

quote:I'm seriously afraid some Whitecaps players will be picking up Many Cards and ejections... There will be fallout to his. I can feel it.

OK enough. It's one thing to be pissed off with the owner and execs who crafted the lineup, but inciting violence on their players who are pawns in the whole thing is a pretty miserable way to convey it.

Yeah there was

The Caps paid full price and Saputo wanted to negotiate it because he is a cheap scumbag.

Serge has an axe to grind with the Caps and Teitur as well, so don't think there isn't something there either.

at least 4 of the 6 goals last night were on him 100%

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Vancouver beat both Toronto and Montreal by two-goal scorelines in the 2009 Voyageurs Cup.

Here we go again. Last year it was "TFC never lost to MTL in the Voyageurs Cup"...now we have this....[8)]

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Vancouver beat both Toronto and Montreal by two-goal scorelines in the 2009 Voyageurs Cup. Enough said.

Last night was a disgrace for Canadian club football. Montreal Impact should be ashamed of themselves.

How do you expect this team to be ashamed of themselves?

No pride.

No honor.

No effort.

Pathetic is not strong enough of a word to describe the way this club has been playing this season.

Havn't posted here for a while, but here goes. I was a few rows up from the half-way line at the game yesterday. As a season ticket holder I watch enough Impact games to have a good idea of how well or not they are playing. Yes they got whooped and yes it was pretty harsh management decisions that led to such an A$s whooping. But I just want to give a little credit to the players. First we didn't have a real striker (Byers.. need I say more), holding mid (grande), starting defense (international duty or injury) or our best net minder. The third goal De Ro was very offside, which is a pretty crucial goal to concede in such an unfortunate way. De Ro scored a world class bicycle goal and Amada scored a highlight real free kick. The Impact had a good 3 or 4 opportunities that would have been goals had a real striker been in Byers place.

All this takes nothing away from the management decisions that were made last night. Someone must and hopefully will answer for it, I just feel that the players are hardly at fault for what occurred last night.

The result was predictible. The Impact started the game without their;

1) 2 Best strikers (Sebrango and Roberto Brown)

2) 2 Best midfilders (Grande and Placentino)

3) 2 Best Defenders (Pizzolitto Jocqeviel)

4) 1st string Goaltender Matt Jordan.

MLS 6 CSL1

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

The result was predictible. The Impact started the game without their;

1) 2 Best strikers (Sebrango and Roberto Brown)

2) 2 Best midfilders (Grande and Placentino)

3) 2 Best Defenders (Pizzolitto Jocqeviel)

4) 1st string Goaltender Matt Jordan.

MLS 6 CSL1

If everyone was healthy, don't you think a line up of

Jordan

Braz - Pizzolitto - Pesoli - Jocqueviel

Placentino - Grande - Leduc - Brillant

Sebrango - Brown

would have easily beaten last night's Impact starting XI, probably by several goals?

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Jordan

Sebrango - Brown

would have easily beaten last night's Impact starting XI, probably by several goals?

If Im not mistaken, the last time the Impact played the Trois Riviere Attack, They won 3-nil. Also a meaningless game.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Jordan

Sebrango - Brown

Easily.

For everyone saying how played starters? You obviously don't know that Sakuda is ****, byers is ****, DiLo is just coming of injury, so he was rusty, and we had to use worse players as starters. Pesoli was also injured for a longtime, so that is another undeserved starter.

Just because they've been starting this season doesn't mean they're good.

Two years in a row the tournament comes down to the final game with the result still in question and the possibility of the destination of the Cup still able to be swung as that game enters injury time - POSSIBLEY THE MOST EXCITING OUTCOME IMAGINABLE! - and the tournament format should be changed?????

Archived