Gold Cup on TV

halfnhalf89

correction.

Primetime sports with Bob McCown and Baseball is again taking precident over Football in this country as SN Ontario is the only one showing the match live and SN West will show it on tape delay kicking off an hour after the game has ended for the Jamaica v Canada game. :mad:

quote:Originally posted by Johnnyranger

correction.

Primetime sports with Bob McCown and Baseball is again taking precident over Football in this country as SN Ontario is the only one showing the match live and SN West will show it on tape delay kicking off an hour after the game has ended for the Jamaica v Canada game. :mad:

Don't be mad!

If you have digital, you'll get it LIVE. (or did they change that

policy lately?)

correction.

I blame Toronto FC for this... ;)[:P]

I have digital, but how many people do not!? As much as we are supporters of the MNT and the players I also believe we have a duty to be championing this game in all aspects to further the game in this country.

The rights should belong to a network interested in showing the games, not burying them just to slap their logo on a website claiming credit as a sponsor or partner.

As much as we are supporters of the MNT and the players I also believe we have a duty to be championing this game in all aspects to further the game in this country.

I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the Jays numbers are pretty

high for Sportsnet, and (unfortunately) for most Canadian sports

fans. Even for the 2000 Gold Cup which we won, the quarter-final

against Mexico was pre-empted by a QMJHL playoff match.

If you really want to be "national", then the matches should be

broadcasted on mainstream TV: CBC and TSN. But the economic

reality currently would only add to our frustration.

Not everyone has GolTV, FSWC, Setanta, Bold, or digital Sportsnet.

(But apparently most Voyageurs have quite a few of the above channels.);)

Sportsnet to broadcast Canada's GC matches

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3700

Complete Broadcast Schedule

Canada vs. Jamaica (at Los Angeles) Friday, 3 July @ 8 p.m. (ET)/6 p.m. (MT)

Sportsnet Ontario and West

El Salvador vs. Canada (at Columbus) Tuesday, 7 July @ 9 p.m. (ET)/7 p.m. (MT)

Sportsnet East, Ontario and West

Costa Rica vs. Canada (at Miami) Friday, 10 July @ 7 p.m. (ET)/5 p.m. (MT)

Sportsnet East and West

Forgive me if I am out of touch, but does this mean that I cannot see the games in Vancouver because it is in the Sportsnet Pacific region , or has Sportsnet changed to a broader West area? I mean, the second biggest soccer market is in Vancouver, so why should we miss the gold Cup?

Can somebody explain this please?

If the games are not on Sportsnet in Vanocuver, will anybody be having a viewing party anywhere?

Thanks!

^^ Unfortunately, it appears that if you are in the Sportsnet Pacific region, you will require digital cable/satellite in order to watch the games. Mind-boggling that Sportsnet wouldn't make the matches more readily available to BC viewers. The Mariners must be playing some very important games those nights...

Im sure you will find a stream online. Especially since El Salvador and Costa Rica our in our group and the games are double headers some of their fans are bound to post a stream on justin.tv or something.

Anyways ESPN 2 is also showing the games so if you can get that channel on your computer you are set.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Im sure you will find a stream online. Especially since El Salvador and Costa Rica our in our group and the games are double headers some of their fans are bound to post a stream on justin.tv or something.

Anyways ESPN 2 is also showing the games so if you can get that channel on your computer you are set.

I'm sure I'll find it...but the point is that people in BC will have to watch the Mariners instead of Canada unless you can convince a bar to switch over one of their TVs

Is sportsnet doing any live streaming?

I live in BC incase you haven't guessed. Sportsnet is in major decline but I blame the CSA for this too. It was even hard to find the World Cup qualifying as a huge fan and when I did after 30 minutes of internet searching, Mitchell's team did the rest to turn me off. I am surprised there are Canadian soccer fans left. It is impossible to know when the games are, and sometimes like even now they dont show them. The Score showed a bunch of good u-21 uefa games, the cbc showed the Confederation Cup and Sportsnet despite being a crap channel can't even show World Cup qualifying games live or now Gold Cup games at all. I was going to go out of town this month but stayed because I wanted to watch the Gold Cup games.

I just checked TLN's schedule and I don't see any Copa de Oro..sucks, as I know Univision is showing the games live. For all those that don't have digital cable to see it live on Sportsnet West, Prairies and East, if you guys have sopcast, you can watch the game live via www.rojadirecta.com. They'll show all the Copa de Oro or Gold Cup matches there, probably be in Spanish. At least that's another option, for those that don't mind the passionate "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal" [:P]

Archived