Important message for TFC fans

Tomorrow's game is going to be played on the hottest day of the week.

Fans of both clubs will be tailgating before the match, and the drinks will surely be flowing like crazy throughout the day. There's obviously a LOT on the line, and tensions will be running high.

In the interest of preventing any potential for confrontations between fans, please note that the Southside standing area has been designated by the club as "Vancouver supporters only."

Signs will be posted to this effect, and security will be removing anyone loitering in the Southside who is visibly supporting TFC (Toronto jerseys, scarves, colours, etc).

This is not intended as a personal slight against TFC's supporters. This is simply an acknowledgment of the fact that fans of both clubs are sure to have their share of idiots with "beer muscles" in attendance who could become a nuisance.

TFC fans are welcome to make use of the north end of the pitch if they wish to congregate somewhere during the match.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Good measure! Hopefully the Impact will have similar rules on June 18th.

They do not. I tried to convince them to do this and have noone in the whole back end in away colours but they did not. Good on Caps management for doing what should be an obvious policy for all of the games with away fans. Keep the fans separated and there should not be any problems.

No there was in the neighbourhood of 100 scattered throughout the stadium. YouTube is full of videos of TFC supporters at Swangard going about their business inventing songs for us to sing ;)

Some TFC fans decided to watch from the Southside last year. No harm was intended, I'm sure... but with booze and a bad scoreline, it could get tense back there. Best to steer clear until the final whistle.

From RPB...there are quite a few TFC fans that are in the Alberta & BC region who are talking about coming to this game. When I say that I would only assume 100-200 total will be there, but the importance of this match could bring more Ontarians over to watch what hopefully will be an epic match for our club.

I suspect most of the 100 TFC fans will actually live in Vancouver. It being a Tuesday night and with the Montreal trip just two weeks away I can't see too many Toronto-based TFC fans making the trip.

And I doubt there will be anyone for Toronto looking for problems -- that's not to say there aren't TFC fans that can go that way, only that the type of TFC fans that is likely to be at the game on Tuesday isn't likely all that tuned into the supporter's culture here.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

I suspect most of the 100 TFC fans will actually live in Vancouver. It being a Tuesday night and with the Montreal trip just two weeks away I can't see too many Toronto-based TFC fans making the trip.

And I doubt there will be anyone for Toronto looking for problems -- that's not to say there aren't TFC fans that can go that way, only that the type of TFC fans that is likely to be at the game on Tuesday isn't likely all that tuned into the supporter's culture here.

So your saying that people that are tuned in to the supporters culture in Canada look for problems? [:P];)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

No there was in the neighbourhood of 100 scattered throughout the stadium. YouTube is full of videos of TFC supporters at Swangard going about their business inventing songs for us to sing ;)

Some TFC fans decided to watch from the Southside last year. No harm was intended, I'm sure... but with booze and a bad scoreline, it could get tense back there. Best to steer clear until the final whistle.

Johnnie, there were way more than a hundred scattered TFC fans last year, I would say more than 300. The main stand had a lot of them, when they scored they were very visible, I recall a lot on the south end of the main stand, up high. But since I did not count them one by one I can't say for sure. About 40 marched proudly around after their great result vs. the Caps.

I think a lot of them were in Vancouver on holiday, as it was July. This year there will likely be less for that reason.

BTW, I snuck a TFC fan into the Southside last year, my 12 year old niece. She did not get drunk and thankfully it was not necessary for her to be beaten up.

We had two ignorant guys in TFC shirts standing next to me and my buddy last year in the CCL Qualifier in Vancouver.

The guys were making lots of ignorant, but not intended to be so, comments that simply irritated me.

They were Vancouver based guys IIRC, that had never been to Caps games and became fans of TFC via the CBC broadcasts etc...

Had no idea about the history of the Whitecaps, the NASL, the CSL, the A League, etc etc etc.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Johnnie, there were way more than a hundred scattered TFC fans last year, I would say more than 300. The main stand had a lot of them, when they scored they were very visible, I recall a lot on the south end of the main stand, up high. But since I did not count them one by one I can't say for sure. About 40 marched proudly around after their great result vs. the Caps.

I think a lot of them were in Vancouver on holiday, as it was July. This year there will likely be less for that reason.

BTW, I snuck a TFC fan into the Southside last year, my 12 year old niece. She did not get drunk and thankfully it was not necessary for her to be beaten up.

lol...:D

Archived