Caps/Impact May 27th

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montreal has been brutal going forward this game. I don't see them getting the (at least) two goals they need to win this.

Where's Placentino, he's pretty much their most dynamic attacker these days.

Too bad everyone had to watch the Champions League today. Neither team shows any interest in using possession to build an attack, it's all hyperspeed like Pellerud ball or a kids game. Fun for a bit but after a while it gets a little annoying.

Dobson and Forrest bring the game into disrepute.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

braz is a disaster

He'd have to get SO much better to be a disaster. Sakuda isn't a defender either...he played wide midfield for 8 seasons with the Sounders.

Somehow, I still think the Whitecaps will be relying on Montreal for a little help in the last game...

Sebrango shouldnt have suited up

Grande shouldnt have either, but not for personal reasons like Eddy

Byers shouldnt play for the team, he's invisible, has been all season.

Jordan is king.

Southsiders just might be the quietest supporters group in existence.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Too bad everyone had to watch the Champions League today. Neither team shows any interest in using possession to build an attack, it's all hyperspeed like Pellerud ball or a kids game. Fun for a bit but after a while it gets a little annoying.

Dobson and Forrest bring the game into disrepute.

I watched the game in french, could you elaborate?

I had my fingers crossed for Haber tonight, he played excellent in the first half, but didn't show up as much in the second half. He needed the sub off, shame we couldn't have seen more of Orgill in the second half.

Montreal just didn't seem to have it tonight, Eddy in particular had a terrible game. His father's condition must be affecting him quite a bit, he wasn't very focused all game long. Deroux was alright, but it seemed he didn't have any support all game long. Overall, Montreal were under-performing, which is a shame because they play beautiful footie when all are healthy.

Last two games should be great. Hopefully Montreal still has something left in the tank for this competition.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Sebrango shouldnt have suited up

Grande shouldnt have either, but not for personal reasons like Eddy

Byers shouldnt play for the team, he's invisible, has been all season.

Jordan is king.

Southsiders just might be the quietest supporters group in existence.

No, the southsiders were so loud, that 2 minutes after setting up the microphone in the southside the technician who had assured us it was a directional mic and would not be a problem in picking up profanities, had to remove it.

my two cents...not a lot of european bound players playing in this one - in fact I wouldn't rate many as showing enough promise to be anything other than career USLers

a somewhat entertaining match - lots of aggression and unfocused attacks, not much finesse - astoundingly terrible finishing

guys with short espressos in MLS who showed why they are no longer fit for even subprime-time: Braz, Brillant, Parke

guys with some promise and (maybe) a(nother) shot at big(ger) time : Gage (c'mon - he's 18 for pete's sake), Haber

guys with big mouths who shout aggressively at teammates for missed opps and then miss their own sitters without the slightest apology: Gbeke

invisible man (now you notice him, now you don't): Grande

team really missing mighty SVG power: Caps

teams that looked decidedly USL calibre, and a clear step behind MLS: Caps, Impact

supporter's group not getting enough respect: southsiders

league of extraordinary old men: Nash, Sebrango, Hirano

fastest on the pitch: that friggin' squirrel

quote:supporter's group not getting enough respect: southsiders

No, we got plenty of respect. After the game the Whitecaps to a man came and shook our hands, and Sebrango gave us a clap before the game. Not only that but we were filmed constantly during the game and the Province newspaper sent a reporter out to cover us for the match. The only ones with the disrespect are idiots watching the game on TV not understanding that if you aren't mic'ed you aren't going to make a sound on TV.

A good game 2 teams that really play well against each other but the Whitecaps played well considering Marlon Jmaes being injured still leaves us missing sitters. Montreal looked tired and need of a over haul to kick start this team. Southsiders were on fire tonight great chants and good numbers out.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

The only one with the disrespect is one idiot watching the game on TV not understanding that if you aren't mic'ed you aren't going to make a sound on TV.

Fixed your post. I thought they sounded fine.

Trident just seems bitter and needed to take a shot at something, because his team played honestly the worst I've seen a pro team play this year (and it wasn't an off-game for them, either).

quote:Originally posted by nolando

guys with short espressos in MLS who showed why they are no longer fit for even subprime-time: Braz, Brillant, Parke

Parke's had a long MLS career, just for a crap team.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Parke's had a long MLS career, just for a crap team.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Trident just seems bitter and needed to take a shot at something, because his team played honestly the worst I've seen a pro team play this year (and it wasn't an off-game for them, either).

Sorry, thanks for the correction.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Sorry, thanks for the correction.

Archived