Caps/Impact May 27th

Might as well start a pre-match thread...

I'm going to be in Vancouver for this match and was wondering where you southsiders gather pre-match. Can't wait to have a beer with all the folks I met in montreal last year and watch the caps in swangard for the first time!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Scottie

I'm going to be in Vancouver for this match and was wondering where you southsiders gather pre-match. Can't wait to have a beer with all the folks I met in montreal last year and watch the caps in swangard for the first time!

As much as I dislike the Impact, I can't help but support them, tie or a win for the Impact would be ideal, but the gap between the Caps and the Impact is really huge...realistically, I predict a 2-nil win for the whitecaps.

I foresee a Caps win as well.

This will be a harder fought match than last week's, with the Impact pushing hard for the win, but I think they'll expose themselves at the back allowing Vancouver to capitalize.

The Caps are simply the better team of the two, and on home turf should win.

Now that I've posted this, I'm sure the Impact will have a blinder. [:P]

quote:Originally posted by kyam

As much as I dislike the Impact, I can't help but support them, tie or a win for the Impact would be ideal, but the gap between the Caps and the Impact is really huge...realistically, I predict a 2-nil win for the whitecaps.

The Impact outshot the caps 18-6 last game and hit the crossbar 3 times, yaa..HUGE gap!?... (rolls eyes)

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

^ HAHAHAHAHAA :D

Considering our win helps you guys, I can see why some people think like that.

Think of yourselves like the KKK as played in south park.

Still, I see a montreal win, Vancouver had a lot of luck last game.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Considering our win helps you guys, I can see why some people think like that.

I gotta say, that's pretty stupid.

As much as a Montreal win would "help" TFC, it helps Montreal infinitely more.

What kind of a fan cheers against his own club when they are still mathematically able to win the competition?

Montreal will be without Captain Nevio Pizzolitto. (serving 1 game automatic suspension for getting 2 yellow cards in championship games)Cedric Joqueviel, Rocco Placentino and David Testo all out with thigh Injuries. On a positive note Leo DiLorenzo is finally back. Hopefully he will be used as a midfielder.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN

Here is my starting 11

<center>----------------------------Matt Jordan-----------------</center>

<center>Simon Gatti----- Kevin Sekuda-------Adam Braz------------Zan Zan----</center>

<center>Tony Danatelli-----Joey Gjetsen-------Sandro Grande-----Leo DiLorenzo</center>

<center>--------------------------Eddy Sebrango-------Roberto Brown----------</center>

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Montreal will be without Captain Nevio Pizzolitto. (serving 1 game automatic suspension for getting 2 yellow cards in championship games)Cedric Joqueviel, Rocco Placentino and David Testo all out with thigh Injuries. On a positive note Leo DiLorenzo is finally back. Hopefully he will be used as a midfielder.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN

Here is my starting 11

<center>----------------------------Matt Jordan-----------------</center>

<center>Simon Gatti----- Kevin Sekuda-------Adam Braz------------Zan Zan----</center>

<center>Tony Danatelli-----Joey Gjetsen-------Sandro Grande-----Leo DiLorenzo</center>

<center>--------------------------Eddy Sebrango-------Roberto Brown----------</center>

I don't know what other options they have, but if Sakuda is starting in central defense, Vancouver will score 2 or 3 at least.

quote:Originally posted by Scottie

Scott, it will be good to see you again! we usually gather on the south east side of the outside of the stadium for some pre-match bevys, across the parking lot at one of the park picnic tables

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by morbital

Scott, it will be good to see you again! we usually gather on the south east side of the outside of the stadium for some pre-match bevys, across the parking lot at one of the park picnic tables

You forgot to add behind the bushes, with the brown bags...

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I don't know what other options they have, but if Sakuda is starting in central defense, Vancouver will score 2 or 3 at least.

He hasn't been playing well. I'd rather go with Surprenant, who did travel with the team.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I am hoping for a Montreal win. However, I would rather we lose than tie and if we lose I hope we lose by a big margin but as long as we still have a chance I hope we win.

Soooo...if Montreal is trailing by one goal early in the second half, what will you be hoping to happen? ;)

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Other options could include moving a mid into Zan Zans left back spot, Moving Zan Zan to centreal Defense, and having DeLo or Deroux starting at Left Back.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Other options could include moving a mid into Zan Zans left back spot, Moving Zan Zan to centreal Defense, and having DeLo or Deroux starting at Left Back.

DeLo was good at left back last year but Suprenant deserves a chance IMO.

Archived