Portugal FC Affiliation with Youth Club

The trend of CSL Clubs doing affiliations with youth clubs continues. Portugal FC completed an affiliation agreement with the youth club Toronto Eagles. The Toronto Eagles Soccer Club is a downtown soccer Club with over 3,000 youth members. The Toronto Eagles Soccer Club will operate the Portugal TE resaerve team in the CSL.

Hopefully Croatia and SWE will also do affiliations with youth Clubs. This will strengthen the CSL teams and hopefully the youth Clubs can put some people in the seats to watch games.

I like this news a lot as I grew up in the Eagles region. I do believe that Portugal FC need a desperate makeover of marketing and operations personnel. See the friendly match from last year (Barca from Ecuador vs Millionarios) along with the fact that Brampton Lions have more Portuguese company sponsorship $$$ than PFC.

Lastly who are the Falcons?

I’ve been monitoring these threads for about a week, to learn about the CSL. I think I can contribute some info here.

The core of the Portugal TE squad is the former Toronto Eagles’91 squad.

Does anyone know the make up of the other new Reserve squads?

Q. Is Unionville Italia FC is the former UMSC U18s (’91)?

Q. Is Brampton Dixie Lions is the former Dixie U18s (’91)?

Q. Is Woodbridge Italia FC is the former Woodbridge OYSL U18 squad?

If so, the Reserve competitions should be decent. TE has faced all these squad in this past year and the matches were competitive.

How do the four “new” reserve squads compare to the other three CSL Reserve teams (NY Astros ll, TFC B & Elite Italia)?

quote:Originally posted by futsal

Me senses an overseas bettor in the thread. Earn your money and go watch the games lol

Nope, no sinister motives here. I'm just a local dad with a kid on the Portugal TE roster. Hence the name "CSL Newbie".

quote:Originally posted by Alex D

SWE have an affiliation with the Toronto Falcons, though I'm not sure to what extent.

I was speaking with Paulo Pacione a couple of weeks ago. The SWE "Reserve squad" is playing in the OSL Regional Division.

quote:Originally posted by CSL_Newbie

Nope, no sinister motives here. I'm just a local dad with a kid on the Portugal TE roster. Hence the name "CSL Newbie".

NAw I'm just pulling your leg buddy. I'm glad these youth partnerships are coming along swiftly. Anyone know when the Oakville SC will get a team and run their entire rsoter through it? lol Bound to find 15 decent kids out 5-6000 boys no?

Archived