JL talks for the first time since he was fired

^ The coaching business is rarely fair and very often unjust.

There might be many reasons why they tied the can to JL but, to me, if the club just came out and said "we're upset at how we lost out in the CCL" I'd say that is a perfectly justifiable explanation. In any big, medium or small club around the world, a coach whose team blew such a big lead in so little time would immediately be put watch, if not immediately fired.

JL will be re-appear somewhere. He deserves a 2nd chance somewhere to prove he's got what it takes. clearly Montreal management just weren't convinced he was the man for that job.

Saputo, a man of increasing influence in the North American soccer world, has to at least appear to be making changes.

Garber is looking to give him an MLS team. He's looking to get millions from the Quebec government. He's got millions of soccer-hungry fans in that city, anxious to see a repeat of last season's Champions League run.

Granted, the firing was premature. But in terms of showing Garber, the public, and the Quebec government that he takes his team's performance seriously, it could not have come sooner.

quote:Originally posted by ottawaguy2009

Saputo, a man of increasing influence in the North American soccer world, has to at least appear to be making changes.

Garber is looking to give him an MLS team. He's looking to get millions from the Quebec government. He's got millions of soccer-hungry fans in that city, anxious to see a repeat of last season's Champions League run.

Granted, the firing was premature. But in terms of showing Garber, the public, and the Quebec government that he takes his team's performance seriously, it could not have come sooner.

Saputo should not appear to be making changes, he should appear to be making good decisions. This was a poor one whether made by Saputo or NDS.

From what I understand Liminiatis wasn't respected by the players for his soccer knowledge, he is more of a motivational coach. When you hear the same motivational speech over and over again you get tired of the guy saying it, specialy in a bad streak.

I thought it was a bad move initialy but the former player I had a chat with believes the real tactician is Dos Santos and the players had figured that out a long time ago.

Archived