Old Rosters - Toronto & District Soccer League

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone would know where I could find records of the old rosters from teams from any division of the Toronto and District Soccer League from 1921 to 2001.

I am writing my thesis on a history of ethnic involvement in soccer throughout Canada and have already done some preliminary research through Toronto Star Archives. I have a list of hundreds of teams...now just looking for rosters.

Would anyone know an individual or organization with access to this information...

I appreciate any feedback you guys have...

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

What about looking at the game results, and putting together the rosters that way? It might not be 100% accurate, but it is at least something.

You could also try contact Colin Jose. He might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

Hey, Thanks for the reply!

Thats what I initially intended to do. I used the The Toronto Star instead of the globe. But for my research purposes, I would need to get the most names possible for each teams as I am exmining the processes of assimilation and cultural retention of the individuals on the teams (be that they are immigrants).

Also, I have contacted Colin Jose actually this morning and awaiting a reply. he has said to have gone through the processes you have described already! Also i contacted the Present toronto Soccer association just to see if they have records...but i doubt it!

thanks Again,

Archived