U-17 WCQ Canada vs Honduras thread (R)

loyola

quote:Originally posted by Manuel_Medina

Pictures:

canada3.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

So from left to right then, this appears to be:

Abdoulaye Sylla, Karl Ouimette, Derek Bassi, Francesco Augustin, Jonathan Lao, Jaineil Hoilett, Feras Samein, Kevin Cobby, Coulton Jackson, Richard Causton and Russell Teibert.

Jonathan Lao's a great player. He did impress me with his powerful shot. Another good player was Abdoulaye Sylla. He was a danger when he was in ball possesion and never mention his awesome speed. The team looks great, only the goalkeeper was disappointing, it was his fault if Honduras tied the game, big mistake from Richard Causton.

Hope the team could win against USA.

I'm also watching. Haven't been impressed by the defense too much, too many balls just launched to no one or out of play especially the right back. Teibert has looked good, impressed by him coming back to defend. The team on the whole could improve a lot of passes behind each other they didn't seem to read each other too well.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

BigSoccer

Apparently, we scored on a bad call resulting in a PK for us in the first minute.

I get the feeling whoever posted that is a Honduran fan. ;) Just watching the play now, it looks like the initial contact is right on the 18 yard box line but clearly carries into the box. I think most Refs would have given that. What amazes me is that no cards were given out on the play when two Hondurans committed fouls on Sylla as the last man back on the same play (the first grabbing Sylla's arm to slow him down to allow his teammate to catch up and foul him).

Archived