Jose Luis Perlaza on trial

Wonder why he is being released. It seems to me that Olmedo, a fairly mediocre club in what is overall a fairly mediocre league, is the type of club you would leave only if the club could no longer afford to keep you, or at least keep you satisfied. Hopefully that's it. I tried to find some news in Spanish, to no avail. Apparently he is 193 cm so he is a relative giant back there. Hope he isn't just another large but slightly awkward CB.

Dug up a little more, in an article in the Ecuadorean press from April 3:

http://www.telegrafo.com.ec/deportes/noticia/archive/deportes/2009/04/03/Jugadores-demandan-a-sus-ex-clubes.aspx

"En cuanto a la situación del zaguero central José Luis Perlaza -quien estaba en planes del Ídolo- afirmó que se ha llegado a un acuerdo con el Centro Deportivo Olmedo para la rescisión del contrato y que ahora está en capacidad de vincularse a cualquier club del país o del exterior que requiera sus servicios."

quote:Originally posted by prizby

pretty impressive to sit on the bench for all 4 games on a team that made it to the round of 16. He didn't play in an WC games

I didn't know that was the case the only thing I could find out about him was that he was given number 5 for the World Cup so I figured he saw action. Still impressive by MLS standards haha

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

Yeah, I hope we sign him so we can get Harmse out of there. That would give us 4 spanish speakers in total (Guevara, Velez, Vitti + Perlaza). The more the better IMO.

Unless he can't speak a lick of english.

I'm sure Sutton and Frei would appreciate if he could listen to them.

If he speaks no english I rather have Hamrse there so at least he can understand what everyone around him is yelling at him.

Seriously if you think Vitti and Barrett not baing on the same page is a bad thing. Imagine if Serioux and Harmse couldn't understand each other our box would be a diaster with 2 lost defnders.

This is fast becoming one of those, "You know you are a bored voyageur when..." thread, I know, but risking that further, I checked out his Spanish wiki page which states that he has all of three official international matches AND has signed a contract for his hometown club of Barcelona de Guayaquil for 2009. We can assume that the second point was a false presumption made after they showed considerable interest (it was in a couple of Spanish-language articles), but as for the first, maybe it's anybody's guess.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Luis_Perlaza

Bit depressing reading the various media stories and messageboard threads on this because it reveals how little most people still know about the basic rules and regulations. Worth bearing in mind when reading it all that an allocation signing can trump a discovery claim in an MLS context and transfer windows don't apply rigidly to free agents only to players who are under contract and need a transfer of registration.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I didn't know that was the case the only thing I could find out about him was that he was given number 5 for the World Cup so I figured he saw action. Still impressive by MLS standards haha

its alrite, sorry about maybe the lash out there

I went and looked at the 4 games Ecoudor played and #5 never started or subbed in.

Still, if he is good, sign him, please, god forbid, we need a natral central defender

quote:Originally posted by TheKottonmouthed

If he speaks no english I rather have Hamrse there so at least he can understand what everyone around him is yelling at him.

Seriously if you think Vitti and Barrett not baing on the same page is a bad thing. Imagine if Serioux and Harmse couldn't understand each other our box would be a diaster with 2 lost defnders.

I was under the impression that Vitti and Barrett were on the same page dispite the language barrier. I think I got that from a segment of Toronto FC TV, mabye the Vitti interview? Not really sure...

Of course im talking about familiarity on the pitch (and not language) as it seems he gets paired up front alot with Barrett in training.

I agree though about the Perlaza no english thing. I guess we will have to see how this plays out, hopefully he's bilingual. Verbal communication is more important on the backline than up front.

quote:Originally posted by TheKottonmouthed

Not be to obtuse but what quality of language does the Mo and Jo show speak.. maybe you have found the reason TFC is sinking in terms of play improvement that Carter cant talk with out a thick accent real or put on.

Soccer players dont need extensive vocabularys.. 20 words or less works... you dont want them talking about red patch girls you want them watching the other team.

Archived