GOLD CUP Schedule

River City

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by nazzer

[br

Also, interesting to note the way they set up the knockout stage that the only way for Mexico and USA to face each other before the final is if one of them finishes first in their group and the other finishes third in their group. And to ensure that they don't have Mexico and USA finishing third in their groups they give them the two weakest groups.

Outstanding observation. I'm going with this as truth.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

Outstanding observation. I'm going with this as truth.

I will never understand the complaining about this. It's just normal a tournament is schedule in order to have the top 2 teams meeting in the final. Look at how tennis tournament works or the NCAA basketball tournament.

I think the fact there's no draw and always base the tournament in USA are stupid things.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Thanks for the encouragement....

It's about 12 hours, plus any waiting at the border. Take the 401 and cross at Gananoque, then nothing but interstates.

With luck, I'll be in Colombus, but I'll be flying. Have a good road trip!

quote:Originally posted by Miche

It's about 12 hours, plus any waiting at the border. Take the 401 and cross at Gananoque, then nothing but interstates.

With luck, I'll be in Colombus, but I'll be flying. Have a good road trip!

I would love to know how 4 of the top 7 teams in CONCACAF end up in the same group (excluding Guatamala because they shocked everyone by not qualifying)...I wonder how T&T are not in the Gold Cup, but some how are still alive for WC qualifying?

• 1 month later...

Archived