Wales and their loser talk...

jpg75

This reminds me of the sort of words coming from our players between the loss in Mexico and the lead-up to the Honduras away match. If we'd had a better attitude i think we may have had a chance, but it seems like the players started to bail on the team/coach. Sometimes people give up hope too early...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=234180&cc=5901

Skipper Craig Bellamy summed up the mood after a third defeat in their five groups games so far.

"You've probably seen two poor sides trying to contest this group and none have a glimmer of hope of qualifying," he told the BBC. "Where do we go from here? God knows."

Coach John Toshack admitted his side's hopes of qualifying for a first major finals since the 1958 World Cup finals are over.

"We've got five games left and realistically if we won all five we still wouldn't have enough points."

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

This reminds me of the sort of words coming from our players between the loss in Mexico and the lead-up to the Honduras away match. If we'd had a better attitude i think we may have had a chance, but it seems like the players started to bail on the team/coach. Sometimes people give up hope too early...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=234180&cc=5901

Skipper Craig Bellamy summed up the mood after a third defeat in their five groups games so far.

"You've probably seen two poor sides trying to contest this group and none have a glimmer of hope of qualifying," he told the BBC. "Where do we go from here? God knows."

Coach John Toshack admitted his side's hopes of qualifying for a first major finals since the 1958 World Cup finals are over.

"We've got five games left and realistically if we won all five we still wouldn't have enough points."

I didn't see the game but I'd give Finland some hope of finishing 2nd.They almost beat Germany and as long as they don't stumble against the bottom teams it will come down to their game against Russia. They'll need to win that one.

Sorry for the Finish perspective. My wife was born there and it would be fun if they advanced.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I didn't see the game but I'd give Finland some hope of finishing 2nd.They almost beat Germany and as long as they don't stumble against the bottom teams it will come down to their game against Russia. They'll need to win that one.

Sorry for the Finish perspective. My wife was born there and it would be fun if they advanced.

They were close to qualifying for the Euros when Roy Hodgson was their manager.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Hey, on the bright side, John Toshack is a pretty good manager. I guess he'll be available. [:P]

I don't think I'd want an ex-Liverpool player coaching Canada :P

Archived