South America WCQ for 2010 [R]

The Ref

you know whats worse than supporting a country whose players show some promise yet are held back by a corrupt federation and a crap coach? supporting TWO countries whose players show some promise yet are held back by a corrupt federation and a crap coach!

Unfortunately its probably too little too late for Bolivia. Had they not blown that 2-goal lead against Uruguay at home (and they should've been up 5-nil with a bit of finishing), they would have had a real chance to qualify for the World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

I predict a 5-0 victory for Brazil tonight and another 1-1 draw for Ecuador.

Man, your predictions of the Brazil game was very close and you were right on the money for Ecuador.

So Brasil has moved up to second place and Maradona just had a bad hair day. One doesn't see Argentina being taken to the cleaners often and by unheralded Bolivia. I guess Argentina can't complain about the altitude now. Weren't they one of the countries saying the altitude of La Paz was no problema?

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Man, your predictions of the Brazil game was very close and you were right on the money for Ecuador.

So Brasil has moved up to second place and Maradona just had a bad hair day. One doesn't see Argentina being taken to the cleaners often and by unheralded Bolivia. I guess Argentina can't complain about the altitude now. Weren't they one of the countries saying the altitude of La Paz was no problema?

Well historically Argentina seems to have to most problems in La Paz. But cudos to them for not whining about it and making excuses.

PS... How was predicting a 5-nil win for Brasil "very close"? [?]

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Well historically Argentina seems to have to most problems in La Paz. But cudos to them for not whining about it and making excuses.

PS... How was predicting a 5-nil win for Brasil "very close"? [?]

Prediction 5-0, actual score 3-0. One side is 100% accurate. Maybe I got carried away saying 'very close'.

Archived