Important! - New Logo/Jersey

sergiop3

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

ya, the kit does need a change. Red and white makes sense. but why not have the jersey similar to AJAX (thus akin to our national flag!? plus we'd be the only country with that design, ala Peru....) but that makes too much sense.

I always thought a reverse Ajax jersey would be sweet... nice to see someone suggest Ajax as well. Plus it's an Adidas jersey which shouldn't pose issues on that front.

here's a crappy photoshop of some random jersey....

28smvki.jpg

We need at least one kit that is very retro and based on a Maple Leaf motif, the leaf to be life like in outline, not stylized, with dye sublimations such a kit jersey could be a huge seller both home and away .. which the blazers at CSA have never done.. that is always to have a sales tent at any away National Game.

But I digress, so one retro design based on red colour schemes then a White kit and a Blue kit ... the blue kit to have dye sublimation images at 50% image value ....of the Provincial coat of arms in a band around the chest, and the words " Et dominabitur a mari usque ad mare ".

Lots of money to be made if the CSA's get it right .. they should have 20 k fans for Japan in june and could sell 10,000 of the right jerseys for the women's team .. with 30 bucks profit each .. enough to pay of Dale Mitchell and hire an new National Coach.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

I always thought a reverse Ajax jersey would be sweet... nice to see someone suggest Ajax as well. Plus it's an Adidas jersey which shouldn't pose issues on that front.

here's a crappy photoshop of some random jersey....

28smvki.jpg

quote:

This I really like and the old logo seems much more fitting with this kit.

First, it's nice to see CONTRAST!. Canada, TFC, Montréal and Vancouver all usually play in kits that are one colour from top to bottom. How boring. What I mean is, it's nice to see the white shorts with the red shirt and socks.

A few notes:

Sergio can't be faulted for eyes being drawn to that stupid Adidas creation on the sleeve of the white kit. The kit itself is a horrible, asymmetrical design.

The white shirt is not a v-neck, it is the icing on the cake of this nightmare design. It looks like a round neck that someone has been pulling on and stretching to one side for about 20 years.

One more thing about that white shirt, I can't stand that red crap under only one sleeve.

I think Sergio did the best that could be done with what the CSA/Adidas made available.

Now, back to the crest. I like your crest on its own, Sergio, but on the kit, it is not as distinct as the current one, however I hate the current one. Can you do the coat of arms or the shield?

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

First, it's nice to see CONTRAST!. Canada, TFC, Montréal and Vancouver all usually play in kits that are one colour from top to bottom. How boring. What I mean is, it's nice to see the white shorts with the red shirt and socks.

A few notes:

Sergio can't be faulted for eyes being drawn to that stupid Adidas creation on the sleeve of the white kit. The kit itself is a horrible, asymmetrical design.

The white shirt is not a v-neck, it is the icing on the cake of this nightmare design. It looks like a round neck that someone has been pulling on and stretching to one side for about 20 years.

One more thing about that white shirt, I can't stand that red crap under only one sleeve.

I think Sergio did the best that could be done with what the CSA/Adidas made available.

Now, back to the crest. I like your crest on its own, Sergio, but on the kit, it is not as distinct as the current one, however I hate the current one. Can you do the coat of arms or the shield?

Heres the shield (taken from a more elegant 1920's version...its the same one found within our current coat of arms...just more elegantly drawn out!...

sm8xa0.jpg

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Glad to see some folks finally agree with my reverse-ajax/maple leaf kit idea. And no, the central stripe should not be narrow as in one of the alterations on page 1. this kit would be huge. then have the alternate kit with a maple leaf outline/silhouette.

I love the idea...but the large white space makes it look a lil too much like the flag

Archived