Important! - New Logo/Jersey

sergiop3

Yay. I think your logo is great.

I have to say it yet again though... what's more important than having a good looking kit with an original looking logo, is having some form of a marketing plan to go with it. You know... the whole idea of having these shirts in stores so that you people can buy them. Having webpages that sell them... all of the time! In-store advertising so the millions of soccer moms and fans might see one and actually buy it. Who knows, an actual kit could generate some serious revenue for our beloved CSA.

You ladies need a new sub-forum where you can dis each others runway designs and generally amuse each other. No way on earth can a new logo/jersey be considered IMPORTANT in the grand scheme of things. Whatever.

No, sorry. It is not distintive enough for its small size, as someone else has mentioned.

...but if you have some contacts within the executive committee, perhaps that connection could be useful if one day someone designs a logo the majority of us like. I've seen a few decent ones in the past. It would be great if we could re-post some of those in this thread....

quote:Originally posted by Ed

You ladies need a new sub-forum where you can dis each others runway designs and generally amuse each other. No way on earth can a new logo/jersey be considered IMPORTANT in the grand scheme of things. Whatever.

Ladies? Anyways... aside from getting Mitchell axed what would you consider the number one priority for the Voyageurs then Ed? Let's agree that whatever that priority is it will require money that we/CSA doesn't have, correct? Why don't you fill us all in on a great way to generate revenue? Please enlighten all us gals.

Haha...sorry if we've taken away any attention from the very important topics, almost resembling girl gossip that is currently all over the boards anyways!

Relax and have some fun man! or don't...but dont go insulting anyone because you think you have all the answers as what is important and whats not!

quote:Originally posted by TheKottonmouthed

These jeseries are no different besides the crest and the crest looks awkrad on the kit.

especially on the white one being under the V-neck.

If your gonna propose a new crest a whole new kit that is based around the crest would be much better. or we might as well stick with the old crest

I only put the logo on the current jersey...i had no intention of making an entirely new kit! I gotta lot of time on my hands...but not that much! haha

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Here's my take. I'm in favor of the new logo. Always put the insignia on the left side of the jersey rather than in the middle. Furthermore, get rid-off the old insignia on the side arms of the jersey.

Can you also please enlarge the photo.

Heres a larger view...on a a jersey which was an Ajax alternate...

se9hzn.jpg

Not bad...

this

quote:Originally posted by earlimus

Ladies? Anyways... aside from getting Mitchell axed what would you consider the number one priority for the Voyageurs then Ed? Let's agree that whatever that priority is it will require money that we/CSA doesn't have, correct? Why don't you fill us all in on a great way to generate revenue? Please enlighten all us gals.

You are living in a dream world if you seriously think a new logo on a new shirt will make serious coin for the CSA or anybody else.

A great way to generate revenue would be for an astute individual from the fashion loving V's to set up a soccer fashion website for those of you like-minded in that regard. You could cut and paste patterns, fudge up goofy logos, try them on your 'models'. Just a fun spot for the gals. And of course with alluring ads of all the latest 'kits', nostalgia sections with the old woolies, of which the web site would shave off a percentage of any sales generated. You can live in that dream world and make the V's some money.

See, problem solved.

I will take on the global economic crisis tomorrow.

You are living in a dream world if you seriously think a new logo on a new shirt will make serious coin for the CSA or anybody else.

A great way to generate revenue would be for an astute individual from the fashion loving V's to set up a soccer fashion website for those of you like-minded in that regard. You could cut and paste patterns, fudge up goofy logos, try them on your 'models'. Just a fun spot for the gals. And of course with alluring ads of all the latest 'kits', nostalgia sections with the old woolies, of which the web site would shave off a percentage of any sales generated. You can live in that dream world and make the V's some money.

See, problem solved.

I will take on the global economic crisis tomorrow.

I dont think he's saying that...i think hes just saying they need something new to start from to make themselves more marketable...and alot of us here would agree...not you though! haha

Let me say one thing...TFC sells a hell of alot more jerseys than CSA does...and its not because there good...we can all agree on that!

its cause they are NEW...

So give Canada a new look...and your bound to make more than before...

We could make some sales in other countries with that one, people love the mounties ^^^^^^^.

Sergiop3 is right about the TFC kits. They're incredibly ugly, and they sell like hotcakes. Ed... you have any idea the type of profit margin teams make on selling soccer shirts? It's no small thing. Canada doesn't sell any. I've never even seen one in a shop, and that includeds last Fall when we were still in WC quals. That's the point. More important than having a quality kit.

Think about how much the CSA will spend on sending our NT to Cyprus for example to (probably) have our asses kicked by a tiny greating island divided by war. Now... WE are all going to watch that game. What about the other, let's say 2 million other people who would watch it if they had any knowledge that the game was even going to take place? If could name three players on the NT? If they could tell you what our shirts look like? The sport here is growing, but our national teams are still in the dark. It needs more awareness and appeal.

Anyways.. I urge the people here who agree to ignore naysayers like Ed and continue to push for a change in this department.

A new logo is definitely needed for the Canadian National Team. With that said, I think they should hold off on it until they hire a Head Coach that will actually be capable enough of leading our men to a World Cup.

A new Head Coach, a commitment to making the 2014 World Cup a reality instead of a dream, and a focus on bringing this country together in terms of soccer development (instead of the "individual" feel from each Province). Then - and only then - do you unveil a new logo / jersey.

My two cents anyways.

Archived