Canada U20 vs. Costa Rica (March 11, 2009)

superbrad

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While neither of the previous matches have had tv coverage, what are the odds of this one having at least some type of online stream?

Also, any guesses as to which online radio stream we might be able to rely on?

As for a prediction, our boys are going in with a head full of steam (hopefully not fueled by overconfidence). I can see us coming out with at least a 1-0 victory.

As a last request, the CONCACAF site has little info regarding this portion of the competition. Could someone post the tables and results by chance?

The boys were pumped for the Mexico match I still can't believe that this team has the swagger to say "this is do or die" go a man down and then win 2-0 vs. Mexico. Unreal.

But it is all for nothing if we can't beat Costa Rica. And I feel KNOW we can! We can't let the old Canadian problem of complacency get to us. Every tournament it seems there is one game Canada will over achieve and then one they underachieve and dissapoint BIG time (Guadeloupe, Haiti (u23s), Cuba). Hopefully the T and T game was our under achieving game.

quote:Originally posted by superbrad

Predictions anyone?

I say:

TT v. Mexico = 0 - 2 (it sounds insane but Mexico do not want to leave 0 and 3. The coach does not want to leave 0 and 3! (too bad our media/public wasn't as harsh on our national coaches re: poor showings. I hope the Mexicans take their anger out on TT: in goals, not in leg breaks.)

Canada v. Costa Rica = 1 - 0. We can do this. We have too much offensive power to be locked up by their defense. everyone has to play a good game. no dumb ejections.

LET'S GO CANADA.

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

While neither of the previous matches have had tv coverage, what are the odds of this one having at least some type of online stream?

Also, any guesses as to which online radio stream we might be able to rely on?

As for a prediction, our boys are going in with a head full of steam (hopefully not fueled by overconfidence). I can see us coming out with at least a 1-0 victory.

As a last request, the CONCACAF site has little info regarding this portion of the competition. Could someone post the tables and results by chance?

http://concacaf.com/viewCompetition.aspx?id=237

quote:Originally posted by Bratworst

Canada 3 - Costa Rica 1 Going out on a limb!..

We need Edwini-Bonsu and Haber to do the business!!

Haber has yet to score in an official match. Edwini-Bonsu needs to continue his great work so far, he looked impressive vs. T and T on the highlights and reading the Mexico match report he was by far the most dangerous player on the pitch.

This team doesnt concede much as all matches have shown us so far. I believe they have never conceded more than 1 goal right? We just need to score!

I am hopeful for a 1-0 victory and a ticket to Egypt. However I will not be shocked if we draw 1-1.

Can anyone confirm that it is goal differential or head to head that breaks tie breakers in competition? In the last olympic qualifying it was goal differential. But this is olympic rules I believe and not Concacaf (FIFA)

quote:Originally posted by Razcle

I am hopeful for a 1-0 victory and a ticket to Egypt. However I will not be shocked if we draw 1-1.

Can anyone confirm that it is goal differential or head to head that breaks tie breakers in competition? In the last olympic qualifying it was goal differential. But this is olympic rules I believe and not Concacaf (FIFA)

If youa re referring to Mexico and Canada in last year U-23's I think they used the goal differential because the head to head was a 1-1 tie.

I'm pretty sure FIFA use head to head as the first tiebreaker and then use the goal differential.

If indeed the tie breaker is goal differential, and if in indeed Mexico beat T&T, then we would only require a draw against Costa Rica.

However, Concacaf, being stupid as always, did not schedule the final 2 group games at the same time. So T&T will know exactly what they need to do because they will be playing after the Canada game. How can CONCACAF continue to do this???

quote:Originally posted by masster

If indeed the tie breaker is goal differential, and if in indeed Mexico beat T&T, then we would only require a draw against Costa Rica.

However, Concacaf, being stupid as always, did not schedule the final 2 group games at the same time. So T&T will know exactly what they need to do because they will be playing after the Canada game. How can CONCACAF continue to do this???

Nevermind, just saw in the other thread that head to head is the tie breaker. We must win.

quote:Originally posted by Soro17

I see that the T&T v Mex game follows our game. Aren't the two final games in group play usually played at the same time in order to avoid any shenanigans? It's a good thing we control our own destiny.

Shenanigans in CONCACAF? Surely you jest.

^ It is good to see that amateur hour still rules the day in Concacaf.

01 Canadian player Adam Street entered the game.

01 Canadian player Paris Nakajima-Farran entered the game.

01 Canadian player Adam Straith entered the game.

01 Canadian player Ethan Gage entered the game.

01 Canadian player Eddy Sidra entered the game.

01 Canadian player Derek Gaudet entered the game.

01 Canadian player Philippe Davies entered the game.

01 Canadian player Brandon Bonifacio entered the game.

01 Canadian player Kennedy Owusu-Ansah entered the game.

01 Canadian player Randy Edwini-Bonsu entered the game.

01 Canadian player Marcus Haber entered the game.

Archived