Canada vs Japan (May 25th) at BMO Field

loyola

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be a very good test. Very exciting.

Is there interest among the local V's (and maybe some out of town V's) to get a supporters section together for this game? If so, I'm willing to scoop up 100 tickets in the south end.

The group rate for the south end will be $10 + whatever small service charge Ticketmaster tacks on.

If interested, please post your interest below. I'll start a running list. We can worry about payment details later.

le 25 Mai 2009 = Toronto BMO Field

le 10 juillet 2008= Toronto BMO Field

last game at Montréal : mai 2004 au Soccerplexe Catalogna de Lachine

Un match qu’elles avaient gagné 4-0 contre les anglaises

Merci Beaucoup CSA pour les supportrices de Montréal

Tank You CSA for Montréal fans

Comme quoi que ce soit avec le soccer masculin ou bien le soccer féminin, Montréal n’existe pas pour l’Association Canadienne de soccer.

quote:Originally posted by lolita

le 25 Mai 2009 = Toronto BMO Field

le 10 juillet 2008= Toronto BMO Field

last game at Montréal : mai 2004 au Soccerplexe Catalogna de Lachine

Un match qu’elles avaient gagné 4-0 contre les anglaises

Merci Beaucoup CSA pour les supportrices de Montréal

Tank You CSA for Montréal fans

Comme quoi que ce soit avec le soccer masculin ou bien le soccer féminin, Montréal n’existe pas pour l’Association Canadienne de soccer.

Je pense que MTL mérite des matchs mais en partant nos équipes ne jouent pas souvent à la maison donc il faut s'armer de patience...et as-tu vu ce qui s'est passé avec le match de qualification Canada-Honduras en septembre dernier?

quote:Originally posted by lolita

Canada-Honduras ? yes i haved my tickets with my boy friend.

now I will one game with women nationale team in SAPUTO STADIUM.... 5 years it is very long for me and another fans in Montréal.

Disons que les partisans de MTL ne se sont pas manifestés en grand nombre pour supporter l'équipe nationale. Donc lorsque des trucs du genre arrive, c'est difficile pour l'ACS de favoriser MTL pour des matchs de ses équipes nationales.

Ceci étant dit, j'espère qu'il y aura d'autres matchs du Canada à MTL bientôt et que l'on aura la chance de se reprendre au niveau de la foule.

Lolita, I have no doubt Montreal will get a game at some point but the CSA has contractual obligations with BMO Field (6 dates per year or something like that).

I would not be surprised if one day, Monsieurs Maestracci and Madonis make arrangments with the French Federation to bring the French WNT to Montreal.

^ I'd like to see that too, which is why I am willing to put up my money again to ensure that we can all stand together and support the women with similar intesity to what we did for the men.

thanks for the plug Duane.

Let's get a good turnout.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Update on ticket committments.

I've already started receiving committments from the guys at U-Sector.

C'mon GTA-area Voyageurs. let's support the WNT.

We will need someone to be selling new Vs shirts.. my current supply was traded away in Torreon for Laguanas jerseys.

Will you guys be making it a real KOP in the corner where the TFC guys hang out ?

We need to know flag.. banner policy now can someone talk to the CSA and get them on the ball early.... like in the next week.

^ I will buying groups of tickets in the front rows of the South End of BMO.

BMO has been very accomodating about flags and banners in the past. I don't see that as a problem but I'll talk to the CSA people to confirm on Monday morning.

I am going to start a seperate thread regarding ticket committments from Voyageurs

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_13402114.html

Too bad we have to meet them after they get a couple of serious workouts, Frisco Texas on the 20th, and another at RSL's new Rio Tinto in Sandy on the 23rd.

Ticket Prices

Toronto, ON (cap: 20,000)(GTA pop: 5.6 mil): $15-35 CDN

Frisco, TX (cap: 20,000) (GTA pop: 6.1 mil): $23-160 CDN

Sandy, UT (cap: 20,000) (GTA pop: 1.1 mil): $23-320 CDN

BMO:

Sideline: $15-35

End Zone: $15

USA (in US Dollars, add 25% for CDN):

http://images.ussoccer.com/Images/cms/ussf/05-20-09%20Pizza%20Hut%20Park.jpg

http://images.ussoccer.com/Images/cms/ussf/05-23-09%20Rio%20Tinto%20Stadium.jpg

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^ I will buying groups of tickets in the front rows of the South End of BMO.

BMO has been very accomodating about flags and banners in the past. I don't see that as a problem but I'll talk to the CSA people to confirm on Monday morning.

I am going to start a seperate thread regarding ticket committments from Voyageurs

Ticket sales from local clubs has been very strong. I personally have reserved over 400 tickets.

I'm disappointed that no GTA V's have committed to tickets.

Without a shred of doubt there will be 20,000 single men, teenage boys, and screaming girls and their parents in the stands. It will be a MONSTER event. I really hope someone makes it into a real event with official pre-game bbq's, tailgating, pickup games, etc. You could have unlimited kids pickup games in the parking lot or on the grass down the road.

And l really hope someone finds a way to get everyone in Canada watching it, and not just another kickoff to whistle broadcast with a couple of stuffy shirts and ties doing awkward jocularity and analysis... but with some quality human interest stuff with the players and fans.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HamiltonSteelers

Hi, I'm interested in south end tickets. Do I contact you VPjr or should Ticketmaster do the trick?

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Hey man, I'll ask the guys in my section if any of them are interested. At worst, I'll take two. Thank you sir.

• 1 month later...

TOKYO (AP)—The Japanese women’s soccer team canceled a tour in the United States on Tuesday because of the swine flu outbreak.

The team was scheduled to play the U.S. team on May 20 in Frisco, Texas, and May 23 in Sandy City, Utah. The team was to travel to Canada for a match in Toronto on May 25.

Japan’s health ministry confirmed the fourth case of swine flu on Sunday, a day after the country’s first three were reported. The ministry said the fourth case is a teenager who recently returned from Canada on a high school trip with the three others.

The Japan Football Association, which announced the decision, said it may have to pay damages for breach of contract.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

I saw this and hopefully they can schedule someone in.....The U.S. team is out an opponent as well for their matches in the states. Why not try to get the two teams to play each other. Than again, this may be too logical for the CSA.....

Archived