possibility of a manU clean sweep of the titles?

jobu

As much as I despise Manchester United (Forest for life), it would be pretty neat if they won the EPL title, champions league, and fa cup (all of which there are still competing). Already won the carling cup (English league title) and the club world championship, they could potential win 5 titles in one season.

Do you think this is possible?

It is possible because they are in every competition :D

I dont think it's going to happen. I fancy Fulham or Inter to beat them this week. Man U have got a tasty schedule coming up.

Saturday 7th - Fulham vs Man U (FA Cup)

Wednesday 11th - Man U vs Inter (CL)

Saturday 14th - Man U vs Liverpool

Saturday 21th - Fulham vs Man U

Sunday 5th - Man U vs Aston Villa

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

The League is a Dead Cert, possibly the Cup, but Please not the Champions' League.

Watching the Impact game last night, I was reminded that there are no certainties in footie... in fairness, though, the league is United's to lose at this point.

I hope leafdolfan doesn't find this thread; he'll go bonkers.

I think the last thing the football world needs is more Man Utd fanboys running around places that are thousands of miles away from Manchester. And that's exactly what 5 trophies in one season will create.

Statistically speaking though, Barcelona have a better chance at a treble than Man United this season.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

I hope leafdolfan doesn't find this thread; he'll go bonkers.

I'm here [xx(] All I can say is non - United fans must be having a laugh at all this 5 trophy stuff and United fans who are talking about it should shut up.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Statistically speaking though, Barcelona have a better chance at a treble than Man United this season.

How so? You may not think that United's current side is better than the '99 group but they are certainly much better depth-wise.

Utd already are World Club champions and Carling Cup champions. They are still first in the league, in quarter final against Fulham (FA cup) and in teh knock-out stages of Champions League. I'd say their odds of winning one of those last 3 is very good, and winning 2 of those is still pretty good. 3 is prob a bit much but hardly unrealistic, as those 3 left are the 3 they won in '99 for the treble.

To me, a treble for united is virtually odds-on.

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

How so? You may not think that United's current side is better than the '99 group but they are certainly much better depth-wise.

Utd already are World Club champions and Carling Cup champions. They are still first in the league, in quarter final against Fulham (FA cup) and in teh knock-out stages of Champions League. I'd say their odds of winning one of those last 3 is very good, and winning 2 of those is still pretty good. 3 is prob a bit much but hardly unrealistic, as those 3 left are the 3 they won in '99 for the treble.

To me, a treble for united is virtually odds-on.

What does "odds-on" mean??

Well Barca are already in their Cup final and in a slightly better position in the CL.

Archived