Santos Laguna-Montreal Match 2 (R)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Guys Guys C'mon Congrats to MTL they did reach 1/4finals in the first year of the CCL and V-Cup. Mistakes sure but I think it was the players psyche that colapsed. Santos played like Germany does from First to Last whistle knowing they can still win or lose. I am an Mtl supporter but we need to mature that's all

Agreed.

I'd still clap them off the field. What a run. FFS, this is their 2nd competitive match since last year!

Desperate football, but passionate. And that sort of footie is always fun to watch.

quote:Originally posted by Kurt-MTL

Can you imagine if the ref had given Brown that penalty?

Well, that would've been a complete travesty because that a clear dive. More chance to get a yellow for it than a PK.

I'm wondering if the last goal was offside (the replay didn't showed the positionning at the moment of the pass, so I guess he was offside). Anyways, Brillant bodycheck should've been a pk seconds earlier...

quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

IM IN SHOCK...

Wow, I feel bad for you guys. I was rooting for you ever since you beat Real Esteli.

Lets give Montreal credit, the whole tournament was outstanding. It ended in heart break, im used to that now after this season of soccer. Great job Montrealthis year!

Toronto FC 2009 here we come!

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Well, that would've been a complete travesty because that a clear dive. More chance to get a yellow for it than a PK.

I'm wondering if the last goal was offside (the replay didn't showed the positionning at the moment of the pass, so I guess he was offside). Anyways, Brillant bodycheck should've been a pk seconds earlier...

I agree. The only decision that was incorrect was not sending off the Santos player for hitting Grande.

This loss is tough to swallow, but montreal has a lot to be pride about. I think its safe to say that not many of us felt they would make it beyond the group stage of the champions league (They weren't even a shoo-in for being the canadian representive).

While I hoped that montreal could have progressed further into this tournament, I also am optimistic that their excellent performance in this tournament can garner more media attention and exposure to club soccer in canada.

Archived