Santos Laguna-Montreal Match 2 (R)

Guest HamiltonSteelers

That was truly epic. I was talking to a buddy who was watching the feed... we went from planning a roadtrip to considering getting pissed up.

Props to the Impact. Despite the collapse, it's been a helluva ride. I hope we show some love when Montreal visits TFC. (probably not, but I'm optimistic...)

Despite the result, this is why I love football. No other sport has ever had me deliriously high and depressingly low in such a short period of time.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

Actually, the dude's been quite respectful in his posts.

Something I think some people on here need to learn is how to lose. You'd think that with all the losing our national team does, we'd have learned by now how to lose with some grace.

I'd prefer we learn how to win. And my point of view is that celebrating with the opponent fans is a lack of respect. Anyway, I'm not in the mood to discuss. What a sad night :( Good night.

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

That was truly epic. I was talking to a buddy who was watching the feed... we went from planning a roadtrip to considering getting pissed up.

Props to the Impact. Despite the collapse, it's been a helluva ride. I hope we show some love when Montreal visits TFC. (probably not, but I'm optimistic...)

Despite the result, this is why I love football. No other sport has ever had me deliriously high and depressingly low in such a short period of time.

"Despite the result, this is why I love football. No other sport has ever had me deliriously high and depressingly low in such a short period of time."

Thats exactly it, football is a crazy sport that means so much to a whole nation that no other sport can provide

It seemed that the heat and humidity of Mexico might have got the best of Montreal tonight and Santos took full advantage. Did really well to push the Mexicans as far as they did. Well done Impact.

It would have been so cool to see another record attendance match at the big O though.

quote:Originally posted by finchster

To be fair he called the match pretty even so can't really complain

Oh, I agree. In any case, there is no excuse for giving up 4 goals in a half.

With respect to Santos, it's not like they were playing AC Milan or something either. They should have been able to hold on.

Those last few minutes were right there with the last moments of the Haiti vs Mexico U-23 a year ago....pure madness....sadly we didn't got the result we needed. But again, it was a nice run by MTL!

If I was Saputo, I would be looking to move that Voyageurs Cup game against Toronto to the Olympic Stadium...I think he could get a pretty big crowd for that and today's loss might help in that regard....

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

It seemed that the heat and humidity of Mexico might have got the best of Montreal tonight and Santos took full advantage. Did really well to push the Mexicans as far as they did. Well done Impact.

It would have been so cool to see another record attendance match at the big O though.

This loss likely cost the Impact a million dollars. A million dollars.

For a club which has at best a 3 million dollar annual budget THAT has to be harsh.

Now the coaching and support staff at the Impact will have their hands FULL. First they need to shakeup the guys. I happened OK it's shiitty but we will learn from the mistakes. They will need to reorganise themselves and learn to play not 30/60/90minutes but 90+minutes. They will need to build their psyche up before the season and V-cup run start. I believe they can do it, I don't forsee any chnages in the coaching staff but maybe a few trades in players? My brother in law coaches a U-16 satellite team to J. Leagues Iwata Jubilo and he always tells them "psyche and 90+min"

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

This loss likely cost the Impact a million dollars. A million dollars.

For a club which has at best a 3 million dollar annual budget THAT has to be harsh.

Look at my previous post, maybe a V's Cup game vs Toronto could partialy make up for that...well let's hope.

This loss is honestly more painful than the entire WCQ. I'm in complete shock, 4 greating stoppage minutes was not warrented. I don't know what to say I'm too depressed at this point, this honestly is more painful than any other loss ever experience in Canadian football.

I personally would like to blame Jason De Vos for saying the Impact were through. OK with all humor aside now I think I'm going and cry myself to sleep..... or cut myself.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

This loss is honestly more painful than the entire WCQ. I'm in complete shock, 4 greating stoppage minutes was not warrented. I don't know what to say I'm too depressed at this point, this honestly is more painful than any other loss ever experience in Canadian football.

I personally would like to blame Jason De Vos for saying the Impact were through. OK with all humor aside now I think I'm going and cry myself to sleep..... or cut myself.

That's funny cause we were saying exactly that int he FF in TO.

Jason just lost the game cause he said that.

And... well fck me... I should be crashing at Grizzly's apartment drunk for the semis.

Fck.

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

I agree on the stoppage time, I have no idea where the four minutes came from. There were hardly any lengthy stoppages, unless you include Santos players moaning at the ref.

Also, I'm a bit reluctant to visit the RPB forum at the moment. Bound to be some immature people mouthing off. As, you know, people there are less about country over club than we on here are...

I really hope not too much fingers were pointed. I hope if things were said then Grande and Pizzolitto had a team meeting after with a positive vibe. It would really suck if this were to poison Saputo's "family atmosphere". We have to get back on the horse.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

I agree on the stoppage time, I have no idea where the four minutes came from. There were hardly any lengthy stoppages, unless you include Santos players moaning at the ref.

Also, I'm a bit reluctant to visit the RPB forum at the moment. Bound to be some immature people mouthing off. As, you know, people there are less about country over club than we on here are...

There might be some immature idiots. But I was at a bar tonight with lots of RPB and USector people out to see a game.

Archived