MLS Philadelphia's Name, Kit and Crest Leak?

Luis_Rancagua

EXPANSION: Philadelphia's Name, Kit and Crest Leaked?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If you noticed our Twitter feed last night, it mentioned that we received some images that were supposedly the Philadelphia kit. Here's what the person who sent them said:

Please do NOT publish my name or email address. I can not tell you the details on how I got this other than mock ups are often done to test out various ideas. That said, this appears to be the preliminary design for AC Philadelphia's kit.

We waited awhile to try and confirm this was not a spoof, as we had been sent something similar in the past regarding Philadelphia. We contacted a source privy to inside details of what was shown to a select few and they said the following which seems rule out the images above being authentic:

....the colors are in the blue and yellow family, but much darker than the Sons of Ben and City Flag.....Navy and metallic Gold was featured exclusively on the logo mockups shown during focus groups on Feb 12th. (If you use any of this in a story make me anonymous please)....Last time I saw the adidas workbook, and from the feedback I got from focus group attendees, the logo seemed to be headed toward either a circle or shield, with a traditional lean. The uniforms looked like they were in the psg, ajax, crew away family.

So according to the above then these images are NOT the Philadelphia kit or crest but it's an interesting and evolving story so we pass them on to you as pure rumor and speculation.

What do you think?

Picture%2B5.jpgacpkit.jpg

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/02/expansion-philadelphias-name-kit-and.html

Archived