No Gold Cup Group for Canada

Sam

Guest Jeffery S.

Think loyola's point is well made. Can't "blame" anyone for a situation that Concacaf has set up and is obviously biased, apart from being unthinkable in any other FIFA region in the world.

There is no reason not to have the tournament in rotating countries, and I think it would actually be more successful that way. And fairer. But as is unless you get a concerted CSA push for things to change, to get a group, you cannot expect anything more than the status quo.

You can blame the CSA for a lot of things, but you cannot blame them for everything.

This is CONCACAF, not UEFA, and this happened to be the way it's set up by CONCACAF.

As much as everyone's entitled to their opinions, Loyola is only pointing out the obvious.

wasnt the CSA awards the hosting of the womens olympic qualifying n

declinesd it even though the financial part of it would comes from kerfoot.

was a no cost to the CSA

they prefered to sit on their ass and let another country host it

so why would concacaf interested in giving a group to the csa

when they didnt want anything to do with hosting one of the major qualifying tournament.

We simply could not sell as many tickets for the Gold Cup as the US does. Money talks here. The Latino market is huge down south and frankly I like having it in the US so often. Obviously I wouldn't mind a group stage here but going to Boston or Chicago is a much better option than Port au Spain no?

Also commenting on the representation on CONCACAF; If there is anyone Jack Warner would name to represent the Canadian region it's pretty much a sure bet that it would be one plastic-grass salesman Kevan Pipe.

We simply could not sell as many tickets for the Gold Cup as the US does. Money talks here. The Latino market is huge down south and frankly I like having it in the US so often. Obviously I wouldn't mind a group stage here but going to Boston or Chicago is a much better option than Port au Spain no?

Also commenting on the representation on CONCACAF; If there is anyone Jack Warner would name to represent the Canadian region it's pretty much a sure bet that it would be one plastic-grass salesman Kevan Pipe.

I think a group in Toronto was a MUST. It's obviously gone now but we needed to build on the momentum that came from the last phase of qualifying. I'm talking about the support, not the team's performance. Once again, we've decided to tread water when it comes to football/soccer.

It would have been great, profitable, and good for Canadian sport in general.

... and not that anybody cares, but I can't afford to go California and wouldn't go if the trip was free if Mitchell is still the coach.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

No, no draw, teams are placed arbitrary in groups. That's one of the reason we think the GC is run like a joke.

ok....

well I'd obviously be preaching to the choir about how stupid that is, so...

does anyone know when the completely biased placement of groups/schedules is generally announced..?

quote:Originally posted by Miche

ok....

well I'd obviously be preaching to the choir about how stupid that is, so...

does anyone know when the completely biased placement of groups/schedules is generally announced..?

I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere that it would be next week....

Archived