Voyageurs Cup schedule to be released on.....

quote:Originally posted by masster

Expect a lot of midweek dates in May thanks to CSA incompetence.

I dont know when else these games can be played. MLS games (ie.: TFC league games) are played on weekends. And if I am not mistaken, the same applies to USL games.

As far as May, I think that's the best option possible. There a lot of WCQ matches and GC matches played this year. So a lot of players would be away on international duty. You would hate to see Voyageurs cup teams not being able to field thier best possible squad because on international committements.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I dont know when else these games can be played.

The teams appeared to have cleared a few weekends each in May/June, but from what we are hearing, the CSA 'forgot' that the Gold Cup was going to take place this year, and had to re-jig the entire V-Cup schedule at the last minute.

Whether this info is correct remains to be seen, but it is rather odd that the teams appeared to clear some weekends, and yet Paul at TFC stated that the games will still likely occur midweek.

Guest Jeffery S.

US Open Cup also play on weekdays, due to US Soccer incompetence?

And what about UEFA, the most important games of the year, Champions League, midweek and early for many countries like Spain where folks work late. Even the final midweek in May, how ridiculous. UEFA incompetence?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

US Open Cup also play on weekdays, due to US Soccer incompetence?

And what about UEFA, the most important games of the year, Champions League, midweek and early for many countries like Spain where folks work late. Even the final midweek in May, how ridiculous. UEFA incompetence?

The difference being that the clubs themselves seemed to block off weekend dates in their league schedules for the purpose of the Voyageurs Cup.

It's obviously far easier to do so with only three teams participating.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am on the edge of my seat, really. I am back in Canada July 3, which I think is going to be too late for a match, but hopefully I am wrong.

If not that at least a Gold Cup match in Seattle, how about it?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by rdroze

Paul Beirne mentioned on the RPB board a few weeks ago that the Canadian championship "must be complete by late June". Of course, there's always the possibility of changes, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=350552#post350552

Crap. Will have to hope the Caps qualify and we can get a preliminary knock-out round game in during August.

Archived