Canadians abroad: February 13-19, 2009

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 13-19, 2009.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

http://fotball.fvn.no/eliteserien/article129738.ece

Kenny Stamatopoulos allowed 4 goals but also made a couple of nice saves in his first game while on trial with Strømsgodset. Coach Ronny Deila has said he will make a decision about whether or not to keep Kenny this weekend.

In Kenny's defence, one goal was a PK, the other an own goal. Does not sound from the article that the other two were gk mistakes either.

England

Premier League

Portsmouth (Begovic) 2 v 0 Man City

Begovic stays on the bench

League One

MK Dons (Gerba)3 v 1 Hartlepool

Gerba starts and scores on 37 mins straight after Hartlepool scored first and in the 90 mins. Plays the whole 90 mins.

Peterborough 1 v 3 Yeovil (Wagenaar)

Wagenaar starts and plays 90 mins

League Two

Rotherham 2 v 0 Gillingham (Peters, Jackson)

Jackson starts and plays 65 mins.

Peters stays on the bench

Shrewsbury (Dunfield)2 v 1 Chesterfield

Dunfield starts and plays 90 mins

Scotland

SPL

Dundee Utd 1 v 1 Inverness CT (Hastings)

Hastings stays on the bench

Damn, I had my uni football match called off with the pitches over here being a fozen-boggy mess and I was thinking about heading to Milton Keynes for this one....but was afraid the only Ali I would be seeing would be his warm-up.

Sigh...but great news for Ali, even with Wilbrahim only suspended, he is continuing to score at a respectable pace in League One.

Another tough loss for Jackson and the Gills, and with Peters not even seeing the pitch, you have to wonder if the end of the European road is near for Jaime. What comes next after the bench in League Two? MLS? (slight sarcasm, but truth as well)

Damn, I had my uni football match called off with the pitches over here being a fozen-boggy mess and I was thinking about heading to Milton Keynes for this one....but was afraid the only Ali I would be seeing would be his warm-up.

Sigh...but great news for Ali, even with Wilbrahim only suspended, he is continuing to score at a respectable pace in League One.

Another tough loss for Jackson and the Gills, and with Peters not even seeing the pitch, you have to wonder if the end of the European road is near for Jaime. What comes next after the bench in League Two? MLS? (slight sarcasm, but truth as well)

I had a buddy at the match today, this is what he had to say

"the mighty ali gerba played rubbish the whole match but managed to score 2 goals" he said the first goal was a bit of a goal mouth scramble and he potted from close range. The 2nd one tore andre flo had the ball runnin down the flank, cut inside into the box n then gave a waiting ali g a tap in from the 6 yard line.

Ill take it, since any 2 goal game is always good for your ego and shows the manager you can score. But i figure that his off ball movement and creating his own chances are what he lacks.

Right now MK are 7 up the 3rd place team, which is auto promotion. They definatly have a good chance next year to be playing championship. But as of right now Ali is a bench player because Wilbraham is just hot stuff at the moment.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

I had a buddy at the match today, this is what he had to say

"the mighty ali gerba played rubbish the whole match but managed to score 2 goals" he said the first goal was a bit of a goal mouth scramble and he potted from close range. The 2nd one tore andre flo had the ball runnin down the flank, cut inside into the box n then gave a waiting ali g a tap in from the 6 yard line.

Ill take it, since any 2 goal game is always good for your ego and shows the manager you can score. But i figure that his off ball movement and creating his own chances are what he lacks.

Right now MK are 7 up the 3rd place team, which is auto promotion. They definatly have a good chance next year to be playing championship. But as of right now Ali is a bench player because Wilbraham is just hot stuff at the moment.

So I'm guessing we'll see Wilbraham next match?

Will Johnson scores early in a 8-0 romp for Real Salt Lake over some crap Chinese side. Note that no sign of Kennedy Owusu-Ansah in the lineup, Johnson playing the first half only (complete new team fielded for 2nd half).

Marcel de Jong plays 90 minutes for Roda JC who lost 1-0 away to NAC Breda.

Roda JC are having a shocker this season and find themselves in a relegation play-off place at the moment. They are only 3 points ahead of the bottom club FC Volendam and also only 1 point ahead of De Graafschap.

Archived