Impact Trialists

Mr.Impact

interesting.... lack of finishing depth certainly hurt us in USL play last year and especially playoffs.... and Brown isn't suddenly going to sprout silk feet. Hopefully one of these guys can give him a run for his money as 2nd striker... competition is good for everyone!

The Impact are definitely looking to add some depth in the striker position. It would be nice to see a young Canadian as back up to the older Sebrango and Brown. Although I think that Donatelli and Gjertsen are excellent attacking talent they are both attacking midfielders.

I am interested in the players that are not playing...from the Pisa game summary on the Impact web site, "For this first game on Italian soil, John Limniatis used the entire lineup except injured players Stefano Pesoli (knee), Simon Gatti (thigh) and Patrick Leduc (foot), as well as substitute goalkeeper Srdjan Djekanovic."

Pesoli is a huge loss. He has returned to Montreal for knee surgery and will surely miss several weeks. Braz may be brought in from wingback to help in central defense.

But, what is up with Patrick Leduc? He has been injured for 6 months now. Does anyone know.

Not in Italy at all is Uwimana, who played several games last season called up from the Attak. And Jeffersen?

quote:Originally posted by Lorne

The Impact are definitely looking to add some depth in the striker position. It would be nice to see a young Canadian as back up to the older Sebrango and Brown. Although I think that Donatelli and Gjertsen are excellent attacking talent they are both attacking midfielders.

I am interested in the players that are not playing...from the Pisa game summary on the Impact web site, "For this first game on Italian soil, John Limniatis used the entire lineup except injured players Stefano Pesoli (knee), Simon Gatti (thigh) and Patrick Leduc (foot), as well as substitute goalkeeper Srdjan Djekanovic."

Pesoli is a huge loss. He has returned to Montreal for knee surgery and will surely miss several weeks. Braz may be brought in from wingback to help in central defense.

But, what is up with Patrick Leduc? He has been injured for 6 months now. Does anyone know.

Not in Italy at all is Uwimana, who played several games last season called up from the Attak. And Jeffersen?

I liked what I saw from Uwemana at wing back, wonder what the story is there. Hopefully Jefferson was placed on the first cargo flight to Brazil, he's useless.

Well thus far it seems to be a lower division French player with some limited MLS experience, and a player from Cameroun who played in the Hungarian First division.

Stefano Pisoli was scouted in Italy last year, and he adapted well to the USL. Looks like Nick will take a serious look at any quality player that wants to trial for the club regardless of where he comes from.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Well thus far it seems to be a lower division French player with some limited MLS experience, and a player from Cameroun who played in the Hungarian First division.

Stefano Pisoli was scouted in Italy last year, and he adapted well to the USL. Looks like Nick will take a serious look at any quality player that wants to trial for the club regardless of where he comes from.

Also I think they picked up Joqeuviel, who has been very useful, on last year's tour. He was with Montpelier University at the time.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

Nope Jocqueviel story is different. Two years ago his parents moved to Canada and he decided to folow them, he tried out with the Impact but he finished with the 3-riv Attack of the CSL for the season. He was invited to the Impact training camp and won a place last season, mostly because of Gervais and Pizzolito being hurt.

Oh thanks for the clarification!

Archived