CSL Western Expansion

I think the concept is stupid in every regard. Work on Quebec first and find a way to incorporate the PCSL into it without trying to con them into paying an expansion fee. Any owner that pays anything into the CSL from SASK, MAN< ALB is going to use the costs and inevitable losses as tax-writeoff ala Bruno Hartrell

quote:Originally posted by futsal

I think the concept is stupid in every regard. Work on Quebec first and find a way to incorporate the PCSL into it without trying to con them into paying an expansion fee. Any owner that pays anything into the CSL from SASK, MAN< ALB is going to use the costs and inevitable losses as tax-writeoff ala Bruno Hartrell

There are lots of reasons why expansion into Quebec can't / won't happen. The political cards are stacked against the CSL.

I'm not sure how I feel about a CSL West. If there are people out there that want to make the investment and can make a go of it, good for them.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a CSL 2nd Division added here in Ontario with promotion/relegation. That will make the CSL something special, IMO

Spending money on a CSLfranchise is not an investment, it is a tax write off.I'd be interested to which teams actually generate revenueontheir balance sheets. The Serbs and the Croats are the only ones that have continual crowds of 100+ and with some rosters topping around 90k per season I can only presume Bruno and Co. have decent accountants.

quote:Originally posted by futsal

Spending money on a CSLfranchise is not an investment, it is a tax write off.I'd be interested to which teams actually generate revenueontheir balance sheets. The Serbs and the Croats are the only ones that have continual crowds of 100+ and with some rosters topping around 90k per season I can only presume Bruno and Co. have decent accountants.

can't really argue with you. No one is getting rich in the CSL, that's for sure.

I do appreciate that there are owners willing to lose money or sometimes break even to keep the product on the field.

Archived