Becks finished with MLS??

nolando

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Man this whole Becks thing is stinking like a massive publicity stunt on Beck's part. All this back n forth bullsh*t is keeping him in the limelight of the football media, somewhere he hasn't been since departing Europe

Spell the name correctly and who cares what they say! I think that is part of the game in marketting.

I also think after 2 years with everyone expecting him to carry the LA team he really enjoys being a normal star on a team full of superstars.

You can see him enjoying himself on the field, not just after goals, when out there with Kaka, Pato et al. Something I didn't see in his MLS games except for the allstar game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Spell the name correctly and who cares what they say! I think that is part of the game in marketting.

I also think after 2 years with everyone expecting him to carry the LA team he really enjoys being a normal star on a team full of superstars.

You can see him enjoying himself on the field, not just after goals, when out there with Kaka, Pato et al. Something I didn't see in his MLS games except for the allstar game.

That enjoyment will probably go away once he realizes that he's in over his head. It's almost as if this transfer talk is distracting people from seeing how poor he's been playing. He's simply not good enough to play for a big European club anymore.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

"Former England captain Becks, 33, also told of his “frustration” at playing for LA Galaxy in a league that was “10 years behind” European standards.

It is the first time he has revealed his true feelings about his move to the MLS. His comments are another sign of the turmoil the Beckhams are in over his move to AC Milan."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/67624

C'mon, he knew EXACTLY what he was getting himself into. And I find it hard to believe that there is a single person in all the league, or in all of LA for that matter, who hasn't bent over backwards to try and make Becks and his family feel at home. Pretty piss poor to suddenly turn your back on all of that and criticise a developing league for being exactly that, a developing league.

Was shocked when he first confirmed the move to MLS but I must say now that I am very unimpressed, and he has lost a lot of respect in my eyes.

You're right about him knowing "EXACTLY" what he was getting into. What did he think? That the MLS would be a rival league to the EPL? C'mon Becks, pull yer head outta the sand man.

The other thing is that LA Galaxy are not a proper "representative" of the MLS. Yes Home Depot field gets a lot of fans out - but the supporters groups and the soccer culture there can't compare to Toronto or even some USL teams: Portland, Charleston, etc.

He might have enjoyed his MLS time better at a club like Toronto. But that's fine. Good riddance. Don't come back Becks. We have our own players on this continent to develop and be proud of. We don't need to import them.

It's funny how so many think he changed the face of this league, when I believe he did little for it other than publicity. How many matches did he play in his first season - five?

There are countless other players out there who have performed and are performing well above what Beckham did as members of this league. I don't hate him, I don't want to him to F-off after all of this, and I don't resent him for coming here and taking a spot on a roster.

MLS will survive, even flourish without him. It was fun while it lasted, but let's move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this story never die??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2324753.ece

DAVID BECKHAM could be set for a return to Real Madrid this summer.

The Spanish giants may hijack Milan’s deal with LA Galaxy by paying the MLS club £10million if Florentino Perez becomes president.

Perez bought Becks from Manchester United for £24million in 2003 and is the favourite to win next summer’s presidential elections at the Bernabeu.

A top Madrid source said: “Florentino will try to bring Becks back if he decides to run for the presidency. It would be silly to deny it.”

Former Real president Ramon Calderon insists Cristiano Ronaldo will join this summer after failing to land him in an £80m deal last year.

He said: “Thanks to the work I’ve done, he’ll join when this season ends.”

Archived