The Real Truth of Julian DeGuzman.

AJ

I don't know Francois Glasman. What I do know is that it is inappropriate to discuss things like someone's father allegedly having a drinking problem. So, now, my first impression of the man is not a positive one.

He is obviously bitter.

Interviewer: So who was successful for Julian de Guzman's success?

FG: well basically I am great and am responsible for his entire career and Michael Klukowski's career. please pay attention to me I am great.

What a bitter guy. Sounds like he's bitter about soemthing .... and I agree with VPjr ... very ignorant to bring in family issues. Apparently he likes to blame everything on players' parents having drinking problems. Who is this clown?

Guest Jeffery S.

He is bitter, but if anyone thinks the players are saints they are mistaken, they can definitely be little punks. Perhaps they have to be to survive in a world run by what seem to be organized criminals, they have to be as hard and as unyielding.

As for comments on Julian, what is particularly problematic is that his father is obviously even more bitter, more demanding, less generous, more manipulative, all supposedly for the kids. Fair enough to be reminded that his comments about the Canadian football establishment are not entirely fair, that Mr. Guzman is not a saint either. If he wants to bitch about the OSA, CSA and the rest, encouraging his 2nd kid to play for Holland, at least don't lie about the reasons.

This was more about Francois Glasman than about Julian and Mike Klukowski.

These "little punks" have signed professional contracts, and Mr. Glasman

seemed bitter about not being credited with their success. The truth is,

JdG and MK have made the most of their opportunities at the highest possible

level despite the number of doors opened (and closed) throughout their careers.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

This was more about Francois Glasman than about Julian and Mike Klukowski.

These "little punks" have signed professional contracts, and Mr. Glasman

seemed bitter about not being credited with their success. The truth is,

JdG and MK have made the most of their opportunities at the highest possible

level despite the number of doors opened (and closed) throughout their careers.

Exactly. And you see the difference between him (agent)and Komlodi (coach). Every kid who makes it from Erin Mills gives JK props. Even if he didn't get them a contract, ie. Stillo. This guy, people hide from. You can see why from this rant. My only question: what parent in their right mind would let their kid go to Europe with this creep?

http://www.enblanquiazul.org/deguzman/news.php?39

Life, Club and Country CA: You were signed at just 16 by Marseille. How did this come about and what can you tell us about your experiences and initial move from Canada to France?

JDG: Well a friend of mine who met up with a huge fan of Olympique de Marseille in Toronto. He was Francois Glasman. He was able to arrange a tryout for me. I dropped everything that had to do with me in Toronto, school, family and friends and used all of my savings to get a plane ticket to France. The tryout lasted about 2 weeks and they ended up keeping me. It was the best thing that could happen to me after being alive for 16 years. I stayed there for 3 years and it turned out to be the hardest experience of my entire career. Adapting to European culture and being accepted into the world of football as a Canadian.

BTW, that bit about Kluka's dad is of very poor taste.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

Below the video there's a youtibe user who wrote another face of this story, but I'm not here to say what's true or not. About François Glasman, he seems a bitter man but he is for sure an arrogant who believes himself as the creator of JDG and Kukla.

Here is the youtube user's comments.. (copied verbatim from youtube comments.)

well what is to be said of this video rant? i think for the most part francios is telling the truth but in typical glassman fashion he is spreading the truth a bit thing. yes the truth is that charles blanco did go to francios while francios was opening his hanger, this occured in august 97, francios said back to charles he was too busy....

continuation of my respone...but because of charle's belief in julian charles continued to press foward simply on the belief that francios could pull off the trial cause as he told charles he could get it in a blink of an eye!so finally in september francios gave in and contacted OM but here is where the truth becomes fussy is that francios did not have a contact but he apparently contacted the fan club, and without a doubt francios DID NOT go with julian to the trial..

continuation pt 3 make sure you read all the parts from the bottom...and he definitely didn't give money to the parents,and in fact OM DID NOT even know that julian was suppose to be there. the only reason why julian survived the first day was because of the coach bernard casoni appreciated julian's skill level. and julian made the team, but what francios neglects to mention that if it wasn't for charles blanco saving julian's ass with his immigration papers with the french consulate...

continuation pt 4...in toronto interpol would have been on julian's ass, why because francios failed to do anything...and what francios fails to mention again was that he never had a contract signed with julian and it wasn't until it was becoming clear that OM didn't want julian into his second year as reserve that francios started to ask for a 15 year contract.

pt 5...contract signed with julian and it wasn't until it was becoming clear that OM didn't want julian into his second year as reserve that francios started to ask for a 15 year contract. and so because under the advise of charles blanco the deguzman parents did not want to sign it and with held the contract from francios until julian left OM and now what francios doesn't say again is that once he found out that julian was not going to sign the contract he contacted charles blanco...

pt6..blanco and totally ripped him a new asshole over the phone. and so julian leave's OM and continue's his career. now i can agree with francios atleast on the notion that it would be nice to get a thank you atleast for helping people out but hey that's life!

singed; charles blanco!

Archived