Roadtrip to Portland

masster

CONFIRMED: The Southsiders are organizing a weekend bus trip to Portland for the Whitecaps v Timbers game on Saturday May 30th, 2009. This thread is simply to find ou how much interest there is. Please post.

New Details: Everything has been finalized except tickets. The Whitecaps FO is looking into this for us. So far, we have reserved a 56 passenger bus. Accomodations have been secured at a no frills hotel right by the Portland Convention Centre. It isn't downtown but we are right on the Rapid Transit Line. We are also located in the no fare zone so all rides on the transit line are free.

I expect costs for the trip will be $100 CDN for those that wish to go 4 people per room or $130 for those that want to go 2 people per room (own bed). Price is obviously subject to large swings in the exchange rate. I suggest a departure time of 6:30 or 7:00am. I know there is the FA Cup final, but I don't see any other way we can make this work. Return time on Sunday has not yet been determined but I would suggest a 1:00pm, post lunch departure.

Those that put their money down first will secure their seat. Also, please let me know what sort of accomodation you want. You can pair yourselves up with your own bed/room mates. If you are interested in bus only, or accomodations only, or ticket only, please let me know as well and I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything though.

• 2 months later...

As I posted above, the trip has now been finalized. We will be leaving early morning on May 30th, catching the game, spending the night in Portland, and returning on the 31st. Cost should be around $100-$130. This includes bus, hotel and ticket. Please post here if you are interested. I will contact those that have already indicated interest. If you do not hear from me, send me an e-mail through this board with an e-mail address where I can reach you.

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by pulsar

So how are things looking Masster?

Filling the bus has been slower than I expected but the trip is happening. I just replied to your e-mail (sorry for the delay). I think we will end up with about 45-50 people.

quote:Originally posted by pulsar

So how are things looking Masster?

Filling the bus has been slower than I expected but the trip is happening. I just replied to your e-mail (sorry for the delay). I think we will end up with about 45-50 people.

That's actually not a bad number. How many do we need to fill the bus? If you want to meet to work out a strategy on filling the bus, let me know. I will put out the word and see if i can round up a few people. Thanks for the info on the passport issue.

Archived