Iain Hume resumes light training...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Amazing. Fantastic. Wonderful. JOYOUS!!

Congrats to Iain and his family! What a warrior, maybe we can get a Don Cherry segment on Coaches Corner for this!!

THRILLED FOR HIM!!!

C'MON IAIN!!!!!

Should be Barnsley captain if he manages to get make it all the way back!!

I've been very busy the last few days running a convention in Toronto and haven't had a chance to post this until now - as I was at the airport on Friday picking up a guest for the convention and lo & behold I actually saw Iain Hume get off the same plane that my guest was on. I didn't get a chance to speak to him but to me he did look very fit & healthy (and the scar, while still there, looked very healed). As a result I am very excited and yet not surprised to see this article get posted.

• 1 month later...

BARNSLEY striker Iain Hume has admitted he was close to tears as he made his Reds return at Gainsborough on Tuesday night.

Iain exclusively told www.barnsleyfc.co.uk: "The gaffer did give me a bit of warning - he told me at half time to get ready and I would be on after five minutes or so. I was not expecting to have that long really and thought I'd get ten or 15 minutes at the most. He gave me longer than I was hoping but I was not going to argue with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Iain Hume gets full run-out

29 July 2009

IAIN Hume played his first full 90 minutes since November 2008 as the Reds beat a Hull City XI in a closed-door friendly at Oakwell on Tuesday.

Barnsley team: Preece (g), Kelly, Potter, Heslop, El Haimour, Adam, Butterfield, Hibbert, Noble-Lazarus, Sodje (Coulson 70), Hume

• 1 month later...

No posts about Iain Hume recently!

He's now played in 7 of Barnsley's 8 league games. Started and played the full 90 minutes in their last game at the weekend.

Started again in their Carling Cup game this evening against Burnley - a 3-2 win. Played the full 90 minutes and assisted on their first goal.

Saw the highlights last night of their win over Burnley and Iain nailed a bullet header off the post which was tapped in by a teammate for the first goal. I must say I am hugely surprised and happy for him to be back. I really thought that injury was career ending.

Goal Ace Hume 'getting back to his best'

http://www.thestar.co.uk/reds/Goal-ace-Hume-39getting-back.5675509.jp

Published Date: 24 September 2009

By Neil Goulding

Barnsley

BARNSLEY boss Mark Robins is in no doubt striker Iain Hume can have a "big" impact on the Reds' success this season.

Hume is gradually returning to full fitness after his life-threatening skull injury.

And another 102 minutes of in the 3-2 win at home to Burnley in the Carling Cup on Tuesday has reinforced his opinion that Hume is a player of the highest calibrADVERTISEMENTe.

Robins said: "Iain is starting to look sharp again, which is really good to see. He can be a big, big player for us.

"He's fine (mentally], he's beyond that now. For him to have come back as quickly and as well as he's done is testament to his character.

"He's got to understand that, and he does understand, that even in training sometimes he's going to get clattered on the area which was injured. He just needs some games to get his match sharpness, but he'll get that."

And Robins has also been delighted with the excellent form of goalkeeper David Preece who has impressed having been given the chance with regular No 1 Luke Steele out with a broken finger.

Robins said: "I wouldn't refer to him (David] as a stand-in goalkeeper, when he's playing he's certainly the first-team goalkeeper.

"It's disrespectful to talk about him in any other way because the performances he's put in have been worthy of a first team goalkeeper."

"There's a lot to be pleased about the way we played (against Burnley], we've proved we can beat a really good side."

Robins had hoped to bring in Stoke City duo Ryan Shotton and Carl Dickinson yesterday on loan deals, but those deals are now expected to take place on Friday so the club can have the players for as long as possible.

Shotton, a right-back, and left-back Dickinson have struggled to break into the Potters first team and Robins has been keen to strengthen the Reds in both full-back positions.

The club also officially confirmed development coach Stuart Gibson has left Oakwell with the announcement of a chief scout imminent.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived