Iain Hume resumes light training...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome news. First I've heard about him n a few weeks and I know at one point he had to go back to the hospital so the fact that he's getting better, let alone training this soon, great to hear. All the best to one the guys who plays with the most heart. Can't wait to see him back for us, hopefully in the gold cup this summer!

I'm glad he's back and doing well. When I first heard a year out I was a little worried. Hume's one tough bugger, he'll be back ripping it up in no time. :)

As for Chris Morgan, biggest prick in football. Sheffield United should be fined and they should learn to control their players instead of always crying to the premier league saying that it's Tevez's fault they were relegated.

The return match with Sheffield United was, I believe, supposed to have been on Feb 14 but will now have to be re-scheduled due to Sheffield playing Hull City in the FA Cup that day. Hopefully Humey will be fit to play in that match, whenever it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update

The Barnsley Chronicle is reporting Hume is about 2 to 3 months from 'everything healing properly'.

So he won't be back until atleast next season and the club won't be rushing him back untill he is fully recovered.

Thanks Doug, I was just trying to figure out how to post that article on here! It seems our man Northern hasn't forgotten about the incident, in fact he brings it up quite often! He has always been full of praise for Iain, even before the incident, he rates him quite highly! Not bad for a supporter of another Championship club! Thanks again for bringing that forward, I think fellow V's will find it interesting!

Guest Jeffery S.

I still feel the same outrage about this incident, the sort of thing that can sour you to the way this game is run. Such a beautiful sport in the hand of total incompetents.

• 1 month later...

I was just reading online and in the local newspaper that Hume had a brief cameo appearance in the John Achterberg Testimonial for a few seconds

as he

Kicked Off the match between a Tranmere Wembley 2000 XI v Tranmere Legends last week

Here are some recent Hume articles based on the Sheffield Barnsley clash of last week.

MP's calling for punishment to Morgan for his elbow on Hume...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1093632/More-MPs-join-punish-Morgan-skull-fracturing-challenge.html

FA stands by its call on Morgan despite MP protest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1093726/FA-stand-Hume-despite-MPs-demanding-review.html

Sheffield boss blasts MP's over Hume/Morgan affair...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1168140/Sheffield-United-boss-Blackwell-blasts-MPs-Hume-affair.html

Post match article about the melee involving both benches....

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/04/07/SOCCER_Sheff_Utd_2nd_Nightlead.html

A travesty IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest - from Yahoo Sports:

Hume ready to return

Fri 12 Jun, 10:10 AM

Barnsley striker Iain Hume has declared himself fit for pre-season - signalling an end to his horrific injury ordeal.

The 25-year-old underwent surgery on a fractured skull and internal bleeding after a challenge by Chris Morgan during the match against Sheffield United on November 8.

The severity of the injuries meant Hume had to return to hospital a few days later but, following seven months of recovery, he is ready to return and he told his club's official website: "As soon as pre-season starts I am back in my eyes and hopefully in the gaffer's."

He continued: "There's no point me doing pre-season if I am not doing it to be involved in the first game.

"You will see a completely different Iain Hume around the place as soon as I get to put that Barnsley shirt on again. I have a lot to prove to people who have given me their amazing support."

Archived