Tomasz Radzinski, IPoY of 2008

Cheeta

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Just a question, do Cheeta or VPjr or any other members have some examples of past press release in french? If yes, I would like to see one please.

It's just for uniformity purposes.

Thanks

I've never done one in French before.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Just saw a CP piece on Sinclair winning the Women's Player of the year which includes info re: The Voyageurs selection of Radzinski as International Player of the Year and a link to the website.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/Canada/2009/01/08/7961416-cp.html

On the fan front, the Voyageurs supporters group named midfielder-striker Tomasz Radzinski winner of its Canadian International Player of the Year award for 2008. Polling was conducted online on the Voyageurs message board (www.Canadian-soccer.com/forum).

Honourable mention went to midfielder Julian de Guzman of Spain's Deportivo la Coruna, striker Ali Gerba of English League One club Milton Keynes Dons, and striker Rob Friend of Germany's Borussia Monchengladbach.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Too much? Probably, but I stand by the sentiment and disagree that Radz has even been anything but honest. Complaining about the nonsense the players have had to endure over the years and butting heads with Holger doesn't make one dishonest.

I will give you the Gold Cup no-show was very poor form but I don't think we'll ever hear the whole story behind that. And besides Holger got over it before "The Mutiny" did him in, you should have by now to.

(Ha! I knew you'd have a comment on that bit, Griz).

A bit late in answering this but I think I must have got over it because I voted for Radz as my number one choice. This does not mean I think we should wrtie a text that changes the past or makes untrue statements. As far as I recall Radz did not have the personal issues with Holger that some of the other players did. The only issue I can remember them having was Holger wanting him to show up on a regular basis for the team. I am pretty sure that Radz said in an interview that he got along fine with Holger.

We missed out on most of the Radz' prime years as a striker at precisely a time when we badly needed a top striker. I am sure he had his reasons, good or bad, I don't think he has ever fully explained himself. Since he has returned to the national team he has been one of our best players and he fully deserved the award this year due to his performance and a professional behaviour that was not displayed by every member of the team. Yet given the past I still can't consider him in the category of player who always showed up for us no matter what and who displayed professional behaviour throughout his whole career. Regardless, I like the final text of the press release and do agree it was correct to ignore this issue. We should not be giving an award and criticizing at the same time.

quote:Originally posted by dsqpr

Actually, "favourites" is correct in Canada. Only the US is running short of "u"s.

Um, I'm very aware of that, Doug. I was referring to this line in

the original press release:

"Mr. Radzinski is currently enjoying his 2nd stint in Belgian football with Belgian 2nd division side, and promotion favourates, K. Lierse S.K. of Lier, Antwerp."

Archived