Hainault news ? In Chinese...

Bxl Boy

Birmingham City boss not expecting any exits during January transfer window

Dec 20 2008 by Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

ALEX McLeish has revealed that he hasn’t given a second thought to the prospect of predatory Premier League clubs coming for his best players in January.

The Blues boss said that when trading begins he wasn’t expecting to be opening the St Andrew’s exit door.

“It’s not something that we’ve even discussed,” he said. “We don’t feel that there’s any need to discuss it.

“We believe that we are going to go to the end of the season with the guys that are here.

“If we can add one or two to tweak things a wee bit, to improve things a wee bit, then we will do that as well. But we’ve no plans to let anybody go.

“I presume that my best players will be with us from now until the end of the season.”

McLeish has been busying himself looking at additions, and Jordi Lopez has been lined up, subject to a successful medical.

The 27-year-old Spanish schemer impressed McLeish in a private friendly against Sheffield United a fortnight ago, where he was positioned in central midfield.

Considered a good technical player who can see passes early and not a destroyer, Lopez left Real Mallorca and is a free agent.

A deal is in place for him to officially join on a short-term contract when the transfer window opens, with a view to a three-year deal.

Lopez earned a couple of appearances for Real Madrid in his early days, but made his name at Sevilla, helping them to the UEFA Cup.

McLeish also ran the rule over Chinese international midfielder Shao Jiayi, 28, in the victory over Cheltenham Town on Tuesday.

He caught the eye by scoring an absolute screamer from 30 yards.

He is with Energie Cottbus in Germany and has six months left on his contract.

In 2006, he moved from Beijing Guoan in the Chinese Super League to TSV Munich 1860 and then onto Cottbus in the Bundesliga.

The 6ft 2in Shao has long been considered one of China’s best attackers, either from the centre of the field or the left, and Blues are maintaining a watching brief at present.

Canada international centre-half Andre Hainault, 22, played against Cheltenham as well.

He has been loaned to Sparta Prague from Czech Republic second division team FK SIAD Most and has previously been on trial at Derby County.

McLeish admitted that he wasn’t awash with cash for the New Year, hence the scouting of trialists, potential loans and frees.

“The board haven’t said that there’s a pot there, but we haven’t ruled out adding people, as long as we’re prudent,” he said.

“If somebody stuck out like a sore thumb, then I’d pose the question to the board [about stumping up the money].”

I did a bit of digging and Hainault was trialing/training with Ingolstadt in late November but no further word on him getting on the club.

• 4 weeks later...

And now in Czech

Another translation needed please

http://fotbal.sport.cz/clanek/144334-mostecky-hainault-se-vratil-do-zamori-webster-zustane-do-leta.html

Mostecký Hainault se vrátil do zámoøí, Webster zùstane do léta

Obránce Mostu Andrew Hainault je blízko pøestupu do elitní americké fotbalové soutìže MLS. Dvaadvacetiletý kanadský reprezentant se rozhodl opustit Èesko a vzápìtí uspìl na testech v Houstonu. Most nyní jedná o jeho pøestupu s vedením MLS, která oficiálnì hráèe všech svých klubù zamìstnává. V létì navíc Most opustí i druhý stoper Anglièan Byron Webster, který se prozatím vrátil z testù ve skotském Motherwellu.

2. 2. 2009 09:03 MOST

Severoèeský klub po loòském sestupu zabøedl do druholigového prùmìru a oba obránci se rozhodli odejít. "Hainault byl na testech v nìmeckém Ingolstadtu a v anglickém Birminghamu. Pak odjel na dovolenou a oznámil nám, že se nevrátí," øekl ÈTK mostecký øeditel Petr Kabíèek. "Houston o nìj projevil zájem, právì jsme zaèali jednat. Zadarmo ale samozøejmì neodejde," dodal.

V létì zøejmì už v Mostu nebude po anglicky hovoøící stoperské dvojici ani památky. Pro návrat do Británie se rozhodl i jedenadvacetiletý zadák Byron Webster, který strávil témìø celý leden v Motherwellu. "Ale už se do Mostu vrátil, zatím jsme se nedohodli. Jaro odehraje tady a pak s velkou pravdìpodobností odejde," vysvìtlil Kabíèek.

Webster totiž na testech uspìl a trenér Mark McGhee o nìj podle skotských médií velmi stál, kluby se ale nedohodly na odstupném. Zatímco podle mosteckých funkcionáøù má 196 centimetrù vysoký stoper platnou smlouvu, kterou navíc podepsal už v druhé lize, podle skotských médií mìl být po sestupu volný.

"V pátek jsem s ním sedìl, nakonec jsem rád, že se vrátil. Pochopil jsem ale, že chce domù, vrátíme se k tomu pøed letním pøestupním termínem. Zájem Motherwellu nemohu vyvrátit, krom nìj je ve høe ještì jeden tým z druhé anglické ligy," dodal Kabíèek.

From what I can get from the translation, it's saying that Hainault will not return with Most and will probably sign with Houston and everything is in the hands of the MLS...the last 2 paragraphs seem to be about some scottish player from Motherwell.

Here's the translation:

The Hainault has returned to zámoøí, Webster zùstane before the summer on Bridge Andrew Hainault is close to pøestupu elite American football Soutìže MLS. Dvaadvacetiletý Canadian representative has decided to leave Èesko and vzápìtí uspìl the tests in Houston. Most now is on its pøestupu with its leadership MLS, which oficiálnì hráèe all its klubù zamìstnává. In létì bridge in addition leave, the second stoper Anglièan Byron Webster, which for the time being returned from testù in skotském Motherwellu.

Severoèeský club after loòském zabøedl decline in the druholigového prùmìru and the two defenders have decided to leave. "Hainault was to test the Lithuanian Ingolstadtu and in the English Birmingham. Then was to leave and told us not to return', "øekl ÈTK the øeditel Petr Kabíèek. "Houston on nìj has shown an interest, právì we zaèali act. Free of charge but samozøejmì neodejde, "he added.

In létì zøejmì already in Bridge will not be after #268;ESKY hovoøící stoperské pair shall or places of interest. For the return to Britain has decided as well as jedenadvacetiletý zadák Byron Webster, who spent his whole témìø January in Motherwellu. "But already in the Bridge vrátil, in the meantime we the agreement. Spring take place here and then with a great pravdìpodobností within, "vysvìtlil Kabíèek.

Webster is the tests uspìl and coach Mark McGhee on nìj in accordance with Scottish media very stood, clubs, but have agreed to benefit. While the mosteckých funkcionáøù has 196 centimetrù high stoper valid contract which was signed in addition already in the second league, in accordance with Scottish media, be after decline free of charge.

"On Friday I am with him sedìl and eventually I am glad that he returned. I understand but that it wants to domù, turning to the prior summer pøestupním date. Interest Motherwellu I cannot rebut, except nìj is in høe ještì one team from the second English league, "he added Kabíèek.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

And now in Czech

http://fotbal.sport.cz/clanek/144334-mostecky-hainault-se-vratil-do-zamori-webster-zustane-do-leta.html

Obránce Mostu Andrew Hainault je blízko pøestupu do elitní americké fotbalové soutìže MLS. Dvaadvacetiletý kanadský reprezentant se rozhodl opustit Èesko a vzápìtí uspìl na testech v Houstonu. Most nyní jedná o jeho pøestupu s vedením MLS, která oficiálnì hráèe všech svých klubù zamìstnává. V létì navíc Most opustí i druhý stoper Anglièan Byron Webster, který se prozatím vrátil z testù ve skotském Motherwellu.

Severoèeský klub po loòském sestupu zabøedl do druholigového prùmìru a oba obránci se rozhodli odejít. "Hainault byl na testech v nìmeckém Ingolstadtu a v anglickém Birminghamu. Pak odjel na dovolenou a oznámil nám, že se nevrátí," øekl ÈTK mostecký øeditel Petr Kabíèek. "Houston o nìj projevil zájem, právì jsme zaèali jednat. Zadarmo ale samozøejmì neodejde," dodal.

V létì zøejmì už v Mostu nebude po anglicky hovoøící stoperské dvojici ani památky. Pro návrat do Británie se rozhodl i jedenadvacetiletý zadák Byron Webster, který strávil témìø celý leden v Motherwellu. "Ale už se do Mostu vrátil, zatím jsme se nedohodli. Jaro odehraje tady a pak s velkou pravdìpodobností odejde," vysvìtlil Kabíèek.

Webster totiž na testech uspìl a trenér Mark McGhee o nìj podle skotských médií velmi stál, kluby se ale nedohodly na odstupném. Zatímco podle mosteckých funkcionáøù má 196 centimetrù vysoký stoper platnou smlouvu, kterou navíc podepsal už v druhé lize, podle skotských médií mìl být po sestupu volný.

"V pátek jsem s ním sedìl, nakonec jsem rád, že se vrátil. Pochopil jsem ale, že chce domù, vrátíme se k tomu pøed letním pøestupním termínem. Zájem Motherwellu nemohu vyvrátit, krom nìj je ve høe ještì jeden tým z druhé anglické ligy," dodal Kabíèek.

Most's Hainault has returned overseas, Webster stays until the summer.

Defender Andrew Hainault is close to moving to the American top-tier league MLS. The 22 year old Canadian international has decided to leave the Czech Republic and has quickly succeeded in his trial with Houston. Most is dealing with the MLS regarding his transfer as they are the official owners of the players rather than the individual clubs. In the summer Most will also lose a second defender in Englishman Byron Webster, who just returned after a trial with scottish club Motherwell.

The northern Czech club fell to the second division last season and both defenders decided to leave. "Hainault was on trials in Germany with Ingolstadt and in England with Birmingham. Afterwards he went on a vacation and told us that he wont be returning", said president of the club Petr Kabicek. "Houston has interest and we have just started negotiations, obviously he won't be leaving for free", he added.

The next 3 paragraphs are about the English defender Byron Webster. don't have time to translate those.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

And now in Czech

Most's Hainault has returned overseas, Webster stays until the summer.

Defender Andrew Hainault is close to moving to the American top-tier league MLS. The 22 year old Canadian international has decided to leave the Czech Republic and has quickly succeeded in his trial with Houston. Most is dealing with the MLS regarding his transfer as they are the official owners of the players rather than the individual clubs. In the summer Most will also lose a second defender in Englishman Byron Webster, who just returned after a trial with scottish club Motherwell.

The northern Czech club fell to the second division last season and both defenders decided to leave. "Hainault was on trials in Germany with Ingolstadt and in England with Birmingham. Afterwards he went on a vacation and told us that he wont be returning", said president of the club Petr Kabicek. "Houston has interest and we have just started negotiations, obviously he won't be leaving for free", he added.

The next 3 paragraphs are about the English defender Byron Webster. don't have time to translate those.

Is it just me or is it insane this kid isn't playing for TFC??? Where did Mo use his discovery claims? I'm glad for Hainault and its probably good for Canada having players in other MLS cities, but please. Do they know their centre backs are Velez and Marshall? They must not. Somebody tell them. If I was the gaffer I'd wake up in a cold sweat every night with either of those guys in my starting eleven, much less both of them. Has Carver not committed suicide yet?

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

http://efotbal.cz/index.php?page=clanek&clanek=51524

New article with some further quotes from the chairman at Most. Basically he says that they are disappointed Hainault will not be back with the club. They also understand that a Canadian international should be playing at a better level than the Czech druha liga.

WL - If you happen to notice any mistakes in my general translation, don't hesitate to correct. It is the only way I'll learn. :)

No problem Sigma.

I would just add that the deal has not yet been completed but the chairman is quite certain that Hainault will not be with them in the spring.

Houston won 3-0.

The game was divided into thirds with Hainault partnering Julius James for the final third. Dynamo was already up 3-0 at that point. 6 minutes into the third period a fight broke out. Apparently that was the only real noteworthy action of the final frame.

Archived