Julian De Guzman Interview

Sam

Many players and critics have gone on the record saying Dale Mitchell was in over his head. In what way was this most apparent to you?

Do you think a different coach would have made the difference?

What the hell happened at the South Africa friendly?

Did the CSA approach the players after the Honduras game in Montreal to ask about Mitchell, and did the players say they wanted Mitchell out?

Canadian soccer is currently being run by Dominic Maestracci and Victor Montagliani- two amateurs who have never kicked a soccer ball at a half decent level and who have no experience in successfully running a high level soccer program. What are your views on this CSA leadership situation?

quote:Originally posted by theaub

I'm going back to Montreal in a few weeks. Where's a good club to get my pimp on?

I think this should definitely be addressed.

Q: You have been criticized for going to dance clubs after the WCQ game in Montreal. How do you respond to this?

Would going to a club days before an important Cup game be tolerated by your Manager at Deportivo?

I'm not particularly good at framing good journalistic questions, so here's my suggestion:

In your last match for Canada, versus Mexico in Chiapas, you appeared very frustrated at times during the second half. Could you elaborate? Did you feel the team had the right tactical approach to that game?

Q: It was thought that Toronto would not come out to support the national team and that it would be full of away or Jamaican supporters. How did you feel about the reception in Toronto? Did you still feel you were playing an away game at home?

How would you compare it to the reception you received in Montreal vs. Honduras?

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

I think this should definitely be addressed.

Q: You have been criticized for going to dance clubs after the WCQ game in Montreal. How do you respond to this?

Would going to a club days before an important Cup game be tolerated by your Manager at Deportivo?

Agree 100 %, this needs to be address in this interview.

• 1 year later...

Which team is his little brother going to cheat on next?

Cheating on Canada was step 1...leaving Feyenoord on a free transfer after they have been paying hospital bills for the last 2 years (never mind giving him a home since he was 12) was step 2...

What are JDG2 future plans?

Joining up with TFC?

Cheating on Canada was step 1...leaving Feyenoord on a free transfer after they have been paying hospital bills for the last 2 years (never mind giving him a home since he was 12) was step 2...

Joining up with TFC?

I'm just curious here but does Feyenoord really pays the hospital bills? I would think the players or the club have insurance for this.

I really don't know how these things are arranged in professional football.

I'm pretty sure someone, the club or the player, have insurances to cover that kind of situation.

I don't want to defnd JDG2 but I doubt Feyenoord are really paying the bills here ;)

Ask Julian if he feels playing on the wing allows him to be more creative....instead of playing in a center mid role.....

Clearly the Sounders match was his best even though he had a decent match in the center against the Impact last night. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the wing more as it brings out the more offensive side of his game (if the Sounders match is any indication). Also, I could be wrong, but didn't he play as a winger in a diamond formation during the 2007 gold cup match vs Costa Rica? Nash being the defensive midfielder, Hutch in the attacking midfielder, with Dero and JDG on the left and right respectivly?

Joining up with TFC?

Well I f*ing hope so. He didn't injure his knee skiiing.

Bosman is a free transfer so it's all the same in the end, no matter what the situation is.

I think what Sean was saying was that Feyenoord didn't offer him a new contract. There's a big difference between that and them offering a contract and him turning it down to go elsewhere.

But from what I've read, it is indeed De Guzman who has refused to sign a new contract with Feyenoord, as he wants to move to a bigger/better league.

For example: http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/2009/09/22/1516550/feyenoord-midfielder-jonathan-de-guzman-keen-on-valencia

"De Guzman's current Feyenoord deal is due to expire in the summer of 2010 and the young midfielder has refused to sign a new contract at the Rotterdam side."

Exactly what I meant, thanks Hombre...

From his wiki it says "After suffering another knee injury, Feyenoord will not be offering De Guzman another contract and he will leave the team this summer on a free transfer."

I know it is wiki, but i had read in other spots the same thing.

Archived