I see Geoff Wallace............

Winnipeg Fury

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Looking sad and depressed. How appropriate...

that was most certainly the low light of 2008 right there.

Richard Scott...you've got to have a better pic than that one to use...that just flashed me back to a night I prefer to forget.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Richard Scott...you've got to have a better pic than that one to use...that just flashed me back to a night I prefer to forget.

Reminds me of the time they used a shot of the south stand at BMO Field from the Costa Rica game in one of their early drafts of the Strategic Plan. There were a lot of fans in black t-shirts! Couldn't quite read what was written on the t-shirts - but didn't need to. Needless to say, when this was pointed out to them, that shot never appeared again!

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Richard Scott...you've got to have a better pic than that one to use...

Quoted for truth.

Seriously, we had a couple of great displays (big flags, celebrating, maple leafs everywhere, etc.) and the pic that's there is a bunch of sad looking fans, shot through a net.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

And why the hell is this on the CSA website?

There thinking probably was that this is a tournament that a Canadian team could have won. But I don't think they realized that next edition of the CWC is the first one that a Canadian team could possibly be involved. But its still stupid that they have this on their site I mean I doubt the Spanish FA will have an article on the CWC because a Spanish club could have won it. Anyways I just think the whole tournament is a money grab and a joke, it interrupted our Premier League season too.

Sorry... I felt the need to rant

Archived