Matt Jordan signs for two more seasons

Alberto7

Awesome news!! It's great that the Impact was able to pretty much keep together the same team that put up such a great performance in the CCL and add a couple more (Deroux and Sebrango). Also i heard that Roberto Brown is very close to signing a new deal, i know alot of people have doubts about him but he always seems to come up big in the important games..

I wonder what Saputo is telling the guys who may have wanted to be in the MLS sooner rather than later? Is he just selling them on keeping the good vibes together and focusing on the CL and USL championship, or is he holding out hope about the MLS? Surely guys Grande and Jordans' age aren't sticking around for a post-2011 MLS bid.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

I wonder what Saputo is telling the guys who may have wanted to be in the MLS sooner rather than later? Is he just selling them on keeping the good vibes together and focusing on the CL and USL championship, or is he holding out hope about the MLS? Surely guys Grande and Jordans' age aren't sticking around for a post-2011 MLS bid.

Jordan is no idiot. The LA Galaxy offer must have been very low and LA is not really closer to his home in Colorado. He probably decided to play regularly in Montreal and get a good salary versus getting poorly paid and not being assured of getting game time with the Galaxy. He is 33 and has a couple of good soccer years left in him so this probably was his last chance of playing in the MLS again.

Very good !!! I was really worried about this one.

About the MLS, I'm really starting to think players want to play for the Impact organization first and foremost. They probably think the USL should be better run, but they don't give a damn about it: they play for the Impact organization. Like there's MLS, the Impact (and maybe Vancouver to look cute :D) and the rest. They like the city, the stadium, the crowds, the salaries, the cast & crew surrounding them, etc.

And SteveBeau, I join my voice to yours about Brown if he comes back. He's underperforming at times but always looks to come up with the big goal when most needed, so I'd bring him back just for this.

Archived