International Player of the Year 2008

Cheeta

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

In the meantime if you haven't voted yet. Be proud of how our boys played in a Canadian uniform. Include Gerba in your top 3. (This message brought to you by the coalition of Supporters of Gerba for International Player of the Year 2008) ;)

I don't know, the mods might prorogue this topic;)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. Nice meeting some of you over the years. Here's my votes. Don't yell at me!

1. Radzinski because Jay said *I have to*.

2. Lars just because I thought he played very well and not just for the show he put on for the Vs in Edmonton

3. Hastings because he has been my nephew's favorite player since last years Gold Cup. Not at his very best this year but good enough for third!

Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe.

1. Radzinsky ... for those 15 minutes when he tore Honduras apart; it was a performance of the highest level.

2. JDG ... I was often frustrated by his play, but in seeing him play live for the first time this summer I was highly impressed with his control of the ball, ability to maintain position, to free himself in tight spaces.

3. Gerba ... (almost) always finds a way to score. Not necessarily the best, but thanks for those strikes.

Honourable mention. Hume. Not for being so tough, nor in light of what happenned this fall, but for his performance in TO v Jamaica. While he was horrid in many other matches, I loved standing with the Vs watching him terrify the Jamaican defence at the death with his constant running, tackling, fouling, pushing, hard-hit crosses and determination to score. Best wishes in 2009, Iain!

1.JDG - consistent skill

2.Serioux - heart & effort unmatched

3.Rads - always creating something

Honourable mention to Ali G. - we would of seen alot more from Ali against even the higher caliber teams like Mexico & Honduras if Team Canada would have consistently used this guy more by starting him every game and sub in Friend or whoever when needed. Mistake Team Canada. Gerba should even be ahead of Hutchinson(even though Hutch is midfield and Gerba is a striker) in terms of the starting rotation. Hutchinson at best should be a sub coming of the bench. He gives away the ball way too much. Hopefully this will change in the future.

Happy New Year!!!

Odd, I thought I'd done this already. Must have been another topic. Anyway, here 'tis:

1. Ali Gerba, for showing that Canadians CAN hit the back of the net every once in a while

2. Radz, he will be missed for the heart he wears on the pitch

3. Kluko, fantastic defensive play throughout the entire (albeit short) campaign

Archived