Include CSL in Canadian Championship

I'm tired reading some insane comment like:"How many times did the Impact beat TFC".

You have to understand that when we face TFC, we were in a slump. After that DeSantis made some move to improve the team (Grande, Brillant, Byers, Donatelli) and in September, we were far better than in June. I'm sure that if the September team had played TFC, Montreal would have earn at least a victory.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by JFC

I'm tired reading some insane comment like:"How many times did the Impact beat TFC".

You have to understand that when we face TFC, we were in a slump. After that DeSantis made some move to improve the team (Grande, Brillant, Byers, Donatelli) and in September, we were far better than in June. I'm sure that if the September team had played TFC, Montreal would have earn at least a victory.

And if you aunt had a willy she'd be your uncle. :D

quote:Originally posted by JFC

The fact is that as a whole (team) TFC are bad and the Impact as a team are well organise. Let's see in the future...

Would, could shoulda. If Jeff Cuningham hits a 2-foot sitter with an open net in front of him, you ain't talking about how many tickets you sold for the 25th.

You won. Good for you. I don't think it's a trend. You do. We will find out who is right in about three months.

In 2008, the Montreal Impact were Canada's best team and won the Voyageurs Cup fair and square. This year things may be different, but who knows.

To get on the topic, should CSL or other clubs be allowed in the Voyageurs Cup. I think yes, only to teams who have a suitable stadium and are reasonably good and with a solid fan base. If I were to choose a couple amateur / semi pro sides that should be allowed in i'd include:

Calgary Callies, Victoria United, Toronto Lynx, North York Astros, Toronto Croatia etc.

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

In 2008, the Montreal Impact were Canada's best team and won the Voyageurs Cup fair and square. This year things may be different, but who knows.

To get on the topic, should CSL or other clubs be allowed in the Voyageurs Cup. I think yes, only to teams who have a suitable stadium and are reasonably good and with a solid fan base. If I were to choose a couple amateur / semi pro sides that should be allowed in i'd include:

Calgary Callies, Victoria United, Toronto Lynx, North York Astros, Toronto Croatia etc.

I don't mean to be short, but...

THEY CAN'T BECAUSE CONCACAF WON'T ALLOW IT

That's the rules the CSA are forced to follow. Although I blame the CSA for today's rain, the fact that the Italia Shooters can't play for the V-Cup isn't their fault.

So, basically, we're debating something that can't happen.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

I don't mean to be short, but...

THEY CAN'T BECAUSE CONCACAF WON'T ALLOW IT

That's the rules the CSA are forced to follow. Although I blame the CSA for today's rain, the fact that the Italia Shooters can't play for the V-Cup isn't their fault.

So, basically, we're debating something that can't happen.

So then this whole topic is useless, CSL clubs can not enter.

What about the PDL clubs? They can qualify in the US Open Cup, why not our cup competition?

7 USL PDL teams, 2 USL 1 teams and 1 MLS team is 10 teams. Take out the Whitecaps academy team, is 9 teams. Some wierd format will have to take place, but if American PDL teams can enter, than ours should too.

Archived