Canadians abroad: December 12-18, 2008

DJT

Europa Cup Euro League of Secondary champions!

Yeah, the UEFA Europa League is going to have a number of substantial changes, namely a 48 team home and away round robin group stage. I think it is going to be really tough on teams like Portsmouth and the smaller clubs actually. That is a ton of extra games for small squads, so it will be interesting to see how they turn it around. I mean, already misser Harry Redknapp is talking about how the UEFA cup is a nuance for small squads. This Christmas fixture really explifies that with Tottenham having games on the 18th, 21st, 26th, 28th and January 2. That is alot of games and if you start doubling the UEFA schedule it is going to be pretty hard on teams with small squads.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

Anyone know where Hutchinson was playing? Flank mid, attacking mid, d-mid? Withdrawn forward?

I would really like to see if he could pick his game in a higher league (Bundesliga?). I'm curious as to what kind of interest he garners.

Atiba gets played in a bunch of different spots in the attacking 1/3, depending on how the opponents set up to defend FCK.

I have no doubt that Atiba is definitely looking to leave Denmark but I can't see it happening until the off-season, at earliest. He's got 1-1/2 years left on his contract with FCK and they've got a relatively hefty price tag for transfering him (3-4 million Euro is what I've been told).

Did a little googling of Jaime Peters, since he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth of late.

Apparently, he has been playing some right-back for the reserves lately:

Forgotten man Jaime Peters did well at right-back with youngster Seb Dunbar similarly solid in the other full-back position.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v2.showNews.php?id=16667

In addition, he is listed as one of several players to have fallen out with the Ipswich manager, who seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=135822

Archived