Time for MLS-2?

Footman89

That's all well and good, but I can list off far more linkage between MLS and MFL than one single team sharing training facilities and exhibition matches.

Trillium seemed to be suggesting that the USL and MFL would become more integrated in a competitive sense, which is rather silly. Especially when MFL is already - as I said - competitively integrated with MLS through SuperLiga, as well as non-competitively through Interliga (which is played entirely in MLS stadia).

Plus the FMF is in bed with SUM (which owns and promotes the rights to all Mexican national team and league matches in the US). SUM just so happens to be a wholly owned subsidiary of MLS.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Geez you are factually wrong .. cause it seems to me Mexico does have promotion and relegation. If you want to say the USA will not accept it fine but dont be over reaching.

Just think what would happen if the USL gets a bit more integrated with Mexico.. the world for soccer in Canada and Mexico could change substantially.

What complete and utter nonsense.

What about sponsorship issues??? Companies who pay millions such as BMO to have their logo on the kit because they know they will get the exposure through television, print, radio, etc. Why would they pay that kind of money with the threat of being relegated and losing that sort of exposure? The previous point on the Galaxy is bang on as well...they would never be relegated...it's kind of like the Leafs. As crappy as they are, most of the country is forced to watch them every Saturday night when there are much better Canadian teams playing.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Geez you are factually wrong .. cause it seems to me Mexico does have promotion and relegation. If you want to say the USA will not accept it fine but dont be over reaching.

Just think what would happen if the USL gets a bit more integrated with Mexico.. the world for soccer in Canada and Mexico could change substantially.

Mexico's promotion and relegation is a joke. The rules are rigged so the teams can't really go up, so essentially the team that should go down just ends up giving the 'promoted' club money and nothing changes.

Archived