GOLTV reporting Morace to succeed Pellerud!

Mobiiiiiiiilio

^ I've always thought it was the most underrated part of the job.

I remember a few years back someone saying Bridge's contract was up at the calendar end of 2008. Would that be the case, and if so any prognostications? Should the position be related to the WNT hire?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No experience required

December 12, 2008 - FIFA

It is an oft-made claim in footballing circles that potential coaches need a solid playing background. Despite this prevailing trend, however, footballing history has shown that many of most successful coaches of all time never played at a professional level.

"I think that having played football [professionally] can be a big help. But the most important thing is to prepare yourself properly, keep up-to-date, be a good communicator and have charisma."

Carlos Alberto Parreira

"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

(www.bcsoccerweb.com)

• 1 month later...
quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^ that's up to the CSA. I'm sure she is up against some good candidates. The Candian WNT position would likely attract a number of worthy applicants

What is happening with selecting the women coach from all the worthy applicants? or is it that none measured up to Mitchell's abilities? lol

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

What is happening with selecting the women coach from all the worthy applicants? or is it that none measured up to Mitchell's abilities? lol

All I know is that interviews were conducted with the short list of candidates.

Who knows why it takes so long to make a decision but I'm sure there are alot of factors involved.

Given the complete lack of follow-up it appears it must have been a completely bogus impromptu announcement. How bizarre.

If it means finding the right person to deliver wins and a winning program, I don't mind if they take months...

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

^ if you were a betting man Soccer9 what you think?

What more important to know is what she might actually know about the structure of the game in this country before she takes the job, and what she will do to influence change at the very bottom of the pyramid .. in the clubs in towns and citys all over this country, if she is not prepared to travel five days out of seven when not directly training players on the National team.... she will be like Pelerud a failure, she will have to want to see and talk not hole up in National team HQ... pondering her navel.

Coming off bangball and with three years until the next test, coaching is the easy piece. The women's program director is the far more significant role. Pellerud taught us you need North American context and understanding to do it, and it would be great to see CSA commitment to the position.

Archived