GOLTV reporting Morace to succeed Pellerud!

Mobiiiiiiiilio

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like an excellent choice. Funny though, apart from her coaching experience the last 10 years, she sounds an awful lot like a certain Cdn international star.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Nice find. On the face of it, this sounds promising but I wouldn't know enough to say for sure.

Great chant opportunities though.

"what Nykamp has to do with anything or any of your post"

Godfrey:

"a source very high in the women’s game has confirmed that Morace will take over for Pellerud."

You don't remember Linford confirming Nykamp?

And btw, if The Province is accurate, I was correct.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

"what Nykamp has to do with anything or any of your post"

Godfrey:

"a source very high in the women�s game has confirmed that Morace will take over for Pellerud."

You don't remember Linford confirming Nykamp?

And btw, if The Province is accurate, I was correct.

ebf1dbb2a4cf80740f1eccad6812511c31c52703.jpg

Remember this???? Nykamp was not just "confirmed" by Linford......an out-of-court settlement proved it was just a little more than that..so I still can't see how you are trying to connect the dots that's all, but if it's just about who's balls are bigger....good for you...and yes I've read that article too....funny though...why is her name is the only one being thrown out there with great regularity when Colin Miller has also applied and is one of the "handful of applicants"....very interesting.

quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

why is her name is the only one being thrown out there with great regularity when Colin Miller has also applied and is one of the "handful of applicants"....very interesting.

that is a million dollar question??? I'm left scratching my head why there are people "very close to the women's national team" that are throwing her name out there but who are not mentioning any of the other candidates.

strikes me as fishy....

Good to hear that Colin is on the list...he's a very good candidate as well and I'm glad to see him being given serious consideration.

1. "GOLTV reporting Morace to succeed Pellerud!"

2. "I am dumbfounded that the appointment of the WNT coach has drawn almost no postings from all of us voyageurs."

3. "We all remember Nykamp." (i.e. we're waiting until things are solid before getting commenting.)

is that not fairly self-evident?

No doubt there are a lot of good names in that bag.

Call me crazy after Mitchell, but I trust Hart's judgment and am sure he learned something from both EP and DM. The only thing I really care about is the terms, and specifically the length.

We all know what happens when you're saddled with someone who can't turn the engine. And being an impoverished association, I would just not like to see us saddled with a long-term contract and stuck if and when that happens. God knows we've suffered from it lately. And if that safety means we lose some quality, in the long run it's a better proposition.

Outtakes from:

U.S. women's coach Sundhage a rejuvenator

By Nick Green, Staff Writer: 12/08/2008 11:07:03 PM PST

Her predecessor, Greg Ryan, had been fired after a calamitous World Cup that included a sobering 4-0 thrashing by Brazil in the final.

The score was evidence that trademark American strength, athleticism and industry were no longer enough to overcome sheer soccer artistry, tactical adaptability and sound execution.

U.S. Soccer's version of the once-mighty American automobile industry - complete with powerful vehicles, a star-studded heritage and an overwhelming number of options - was as structurally obsolete and functionally bankrupt as General Motors.

Sundhage was the new, nimble European model that was needed to retool a former sporting powerhouse that, much like the giant corporation itself, had disappointed and betrayed consumers accustomed to better.

They got it.

"There was more of a fluidity and a unity offensively that helped us control more of the game," said defender Stephanie Cox, 22, one of three U.S. players on the roster who will play at Home Depot Center with Women's Professional Soccer entrant the L.A. Sol.

"Pia gave us the freedom to make mistakes," added Cox. "She wanted you to try and that was more important than us not succeeding."

Unshackled from the dour and rigid roles that characterized Ryan's team, the U.S. women spent the last year rediscovering their collective zest for the game under Sundhage.

That included Torrance's Shannon Boxx, who reveled in a greater offensive role for the national team than ever before and responded with perhaps her best year so far at age 31, culminating in a second nomination for FIFA World Female Player of the Year.

"My passion for playing came back, it was so much fun," said Boxx, another Sol player.

"(Sundhage) started it all," she added. "She came in and she had such a passion for playing, for coaching. It just seemed like everyone was laughing and smiling out on the field."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_11173509

^

Great find as usual Vic.

Wow & I thought US Soccer was well on the way but obvious not -

U.S. Soccer's version of the once-mighty American automobile industry - complete with powerful vehicles, a star-studded heritage and an overwhelming number of options - was as structurally obsolete and functionally bankrupt as General Motors.

It summarizes the top of their development structure/model but a lot of their success is what is done before it hits the NT program where entrance is at U14 NT as Vic pointed out.

I think that may have been just the WNT program. Obviously no problem below that.

I think what makes Sundhage successful on the women's side is being a peacemaker. She's not in your face. She's a friend, and she's genuine. She's not pushing you anywhere. She's pulling you.

Archived