Sandro Grande signs for 3 yrs with Montreal

SteveBeau

Sandro Grande (3yrs), Félix Brillant (2yrs) and Cédric Joqueviel (3yrs) have all opted to resign with the Impact. This is great news for the team in the midst of all this negativity due to the whole MLS bid story.

Grande is a very important signing (most of us were sure he would go back to Europe) as he played a key role in Montreal's CCL quarterfinal berth. He was also selected for the CMNT for the last game against Jamaica on November 20th, though he did not start.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1033&Focus=0

Add in fast Eddie up front and you will have a force to deal with at any North American league. You might not be in MLS in 2011 but you still have the best chance to keep the Voyageurs Cup and play in the CCL.

Now just need to solidify the goalie situation and you are good to go.

these are 3 of my favorites from this past season, as Joqueviel is a fantastic understudy for either Pizzolito or Pesoli, Brillant is a capable wing option especially if we lose Donatelli and/or Gjertsen to the MLS, and Grande is Grande. Fantastic news. I guess the players are more interested in being part of a positive playing experience than the "prestige" of the MLS. Just need a keeper.

I will be happy enough to see the Impact hopefully eat a weakened USL alive and continue to focus on the Voyageurs Cup and CL.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

these are 3 of my favorites from this past season, as Joqueviel is a fantastic understudy for either Pizzolito or Pesoli, Brillant is a capable wing option especially if we lose Donatelli and/or Gjertsen to the MLS, and Grande is Grande. Fantastic news. I guess the players are more interested in being part of a positive playing experience than the "prestige" of the MLS. Just need a keeper.

I will be happy enough to see the Impact hopefully eat a weakened USL alive and continue to focus on the Voyageurs Cup and CL.

Donatelli resigned with the Impact for 2 years last month and Gjertsen is also signed up until the end of the 2009 season.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Donatelli resigned with the Impact for 2 years last month and Gjertsen is also signed up until the end of the 2009 season.

Yeah but I think USL contracts are not guaranteed and players can get out if tbey get offers... I could be wrong but that's what I understood.

Yeah but I think USL contracts are not guaranteed and players can get out if tbey get offers... I could be wrong but that's what I understood.

I'm not too sure about that either...If anyone has any info on the way USL contracts are structured please let us know...

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

I'm not too sure about that either...If anyone has any info on the way USL contracts are structured please let us know...

Can't speak for the rest of the League, but the Impact have always allowed a player to advance in his career. However given the recent events, Joey might be just a little less inclined to let a player loose to join an mls team.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Can't speak for the rest of the League, but the Impact have always allowed a player to advance in his career. However given the recent events, Joey might be just a little less inclined to let a player loose to join an mls team.

That use to be the case but not anymore. Every player has to respect their contract. The only way a player could leave is if the team decides to make a trade or sale them.

I believe that they changed their way of thinking after they sold Gerba and Grande.

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

That use to be the case but not anymore. Every player has to respect their contract. The only way a player could leave is if the team decides to make a trade or sale them.

I believe that they changed their way of thinking after they sold Gerba and Grande.

Thanks!

Hey my Caps are still in the USL for 2 years and the Islanders are around so you will have some serious competition!

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Hey my Caps are still in the USL for 2 years and the Islanders are around so you will have some serious competition!

Still in the USL for 2 years IF they get into MLS (now expecting a flood of posts explaining why the Caps are a shoe in for MLS...)

So in other words, you're hoping the Impact will be the big $hits on Terd Island?

I happen to think USL will be stronger with the lack of an MLS reserve league. The Impact loaded up this year and still couldn't win the USL.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

So in other words, you're hoping the Impact will be the big $hits on Terd Island?

I happen to think USL will be stronger with the lack of an MLS reserve league. The Impact loaded up this year and still couldn't win the USL.

Did you see their scheduale?

2008/09/05 Minnesota Thunder 1 @ IMPACT 1

2008/09/08 Portland Timbers 0 @ IMPACT 2

2008/09/10 IMPACT 2 @ Seattle Sounders 1

2008/09/13 IMPACT 0 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 1

2008/09/17 Port of Spain Joe Public FC 0 @ IMPACT 2

2008/09/20 IMPACT 1 @ Minnesota Thunder 3

2008/09/21 Puerto Rico Islanders 0 @ IMPACT 0

2008/09/24 Cancun Atlante FC 0 @ IMPACT 0

2008/09/26 IMPACT 1 @ Seattle Sounders 2

2008/09/28 Seattle Sounders 1 @ IMPACT 3

2008/10/01 IMPACT 2 @ Tegucigalpa CD Olimpia 1

2008/10/03 Vancouver Whitecaps 0 @ IMPACT 1

2008/10/05 IMPACT 0 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 2

2008/10/08 IMPACT 4 @ Port of Spain Joe Public FC 1

Don't forget about the traveling they had to do between Montreal, the Wesst Coast and Central America.

Show this to any other club and they will run away from it. [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

Did you see their scheduale?

2008/09/05 Minnesota Thunder 1 @ IMPACT 1

2008/09/08 Portland Timbers 0 @ IMPACT 2

2008/09/10 IMPACT 2 @ Seattle Sounders 1

2008/09/13 IMPACT 0 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 1

2008/09/17 Port of Spain Joe Public FC 0 @ IMPACT 2

2008/09/20 IMPACT 1 @ Minnesota Thunder 3

2008/09/21 Puerto Rico Islanders 0 @ IMPACT 0

2008/09/24 Cancun Atlante FC 0 @ IMPACT 0

2008/09/26 IMPACT 1 @ Seattle Sounders 2

2008/09/28 Seattle Sounders 1 @ IMPACT 3

2008/10/01 IMPACT 2 @ Tegucigalpa CD Olimpia 1

2008/10/03 Vancouver Whitecaps 0 @ IMPACT 1

2008/10/05 IMPACT 0 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 2

2008/10/08 IMPACT 4 @ Port of Spain Joe Public FC 1

Don't forget about the traveling they had to do between Montreal, the Wesst Coast and Central America.

Show this to any other club and they will run away from it. [:P]

Yeah, that's nothing compared with the Puerto Rico Islanders, who managed to finish first in the USL and reach the Championship game.

Nope. By "happy enough" I mean that if that's the way it has to be for next few years that's acceptable for me. And if you think the Impact loaded up to try to win the USL you're a little out of touch.

Yeah, that's nothing compared with the Puerto Rico Islanders, who managed to finish first in the USL and reach the Championship game.

Please explain how that is "nothing" compared to Puerto Rico?? Granted they had a longer distance to travel for league matches but we had longer distances to travel then they did in the CCL..I hardly think the impact's schedule was "nothing" compared to them...

Archived