The Time is Now to find Talent in Brazil

Canuck Oranje

If Mo is serious about looking for talent in Brazil, he should be there now.

The promotion teams from Serie B to Serie A have been set. Teams that haven't been successful will be looking to off load some players. Successful teams will also prune their rosters with a view to picking up better talent. Financially weak teams are looking to sell players and relegated teams are also dumping players.

As I have posted in the past, many players in Brazil play on one year contracts and many of them expire from the end of November to the end of December.

Some team rosters to look at:

Clubs Financially strapped

- CRB (financially troubled and relegated from Serie B)

- Bahia (has salary arrears)

- Fortaleza (also has salary arrears)

Clubs who narrowly missed promotion

- Bragantino (smallish Sao Paulo club)

- Vila Nova

- Ponte Preta

- Juventude

- Sao Caetano

Sao Caetano, Juventude, Ponte Preta, and Vila Nova all have relatively large academies and will be looking to reload. Bragantino will need to conserve cash for another run.

Relegating clubs

Ipatinga (from Serie A)

Portuguesa (from Serie A)

Vasco da Gama (from Serie A - almost)

Criciuma (from Serie B)

Gama (from Serie B)

As I mentioned earlier, even promoting teams have roster moves they need to make. Even the team I follow, Barueri, has some players it needs to lock up. As an example, Leandro Castan is a young central defender (only 22) in the Lucio mold that has his contract expire in December. I am sure the club has probably already resigned him but if not, he would have been a excellent and affordable talent (no transfer fee if no contract).

Well, I am not convinced that past attempts were all that serious but, Mo, here's you clue.

quote:Originally posted by Canuck Oranje

If Mo is serious about looking for talent in Brazil, he should be there now.

The promotion teams from Serie B to Serie A have been set. Teams that haven't been successful will be looking to off load some players. Successful teams will also prune their rosters with a view to picking up better talent. Financially weak teams are looking to sell players and relegated teams are also dumping players.

As I have posted in the past, many players in Brazil play on one year contracts and many of them expire from the end of November to the end of December.

Some team rosters to look at:

Clubs Financially strapped

- CRB (financially troubled and relegated from Serie B)

- Bahia (has salary arrears)

- Fortaleza (also has salary arrears)

Clubs who narrowly missed promotion

- Bragantino (smallish Sao Paulo club)

- Vila Nova

- Ponte Preta

- Juventude

- Sao Caetano

Sao Caetano, Juventude, Ponte Preta, and Vila Nova all have relatively large academies and will be looking to reload. Bragantino will need to conserve cash for another run.

Relegating clubs

Ipatinga (from Serie A)

Portuguesa (from Serie A)

Vasco da Gama (from Serie A - almost)

Criciuma (from Serie B)

Gama (from Serie B)

As I mentioned earlier, even promoting teams have roster moves they need to make. Even the team I follow, Barueri, has some players it needs to lock up. As an example, Leandro Castan is a young central defender (only 22) in the Lucio mold that has his contract expire in December. I am sure the club has probably already resigned him but if not, he would have been a excellent and affordable talent (no transfer fee if no contract).

Well, I am not convinced that past attempts were all that serious but, Mo, here's you clue.

Mo will be back to FC Help, and SC Leme this winter, hopefully he wont waste any time EC Ponte Ronaldinha as he did last year apparently given the travesti of this years TFC.

Archived