TFC Protected & Unprotected Expansion Draft Lists

Gian-Luca

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Statistically ( for 2008), there is little to distinguish between the two. Onstad has the better GAA but Sutton faces a ton more shots and has a better save %.

Where are the stats about kicking? Communication? Crosses? Decision making? Leadership abilities?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Where are the stats about kicking? Communication? Crosses? Decision making? Leadership abilities?

there are no stats for those things of course. But unless we are on the pitch or in the dressing room , I doubt that any of us are in a position to judge those qualities.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

there are no stats for those things of course. But unless we are on the pitch or in the dressing room , I doubt that any of us are in a position to judge those qualities.

It's quite easy actually to judge about leadership and communications skills. Look at their presence, the way they talk (or don't in the case of Sutton).

Decision making is about making decision about when to come out 30 yards out of your net to clear a dangerous 50/50 through ball and things like, easy to evaluate.

Often in the MNT forum, your suggesting that we play establish pro who have a long history of starting for the same team. Do you wonder why Houston, a team with a lot of success in MLS and some CONCACAF competitions as well over the last 5 years, aren't making a move to upgrade their keeper situation? Because they have one of the best. You won't hear a single Houston fan suggesting for Houston to go after Matt Jordan, but you'll hear plenty of TFC fans suggesting Jordan is better than Sutton.

You won't hear a single Houston fan suggesting for Houston to go after Matt Jordan, but you'll hear plenty of TFC fans suggesting Jordan is better than Sutton.

Whoa, easy there. I've never heard any TFC fan say that, and surely not me.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

RPB forum at the time of the Voyageurs Cup last game and during MTL run in the CCL. I read a lot of comments about that. MTL fans who have seen both in the last 4 yrs would probably agree with that as well.

I would think Jordan is better than Sutton. Not a big difference IMO, but still a better keeper.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

RPB forum at the time of the Voyageurs Cup last game and during MTL run in the CCL. I read a lot of comments about that. MTL fans who have seen both in the last 4 yrs would probably agree with that as well.

I would think Jordan is better than Sutton. Not a big difference IMO, but still a better keeper.

This is who they took:

Nate Jaqua (Houston)

Brad Evans (Columbus)

Stephen King (Chicago)

Jeff Parke (New York

James Riley (San Jose)

Khano Smith (New England)

Jarrod Smith (Toronto FC)

Nathan Sturgis (Real Salt Lake)

Peter Vagenas (Los Angeles)

Tyson Wahl (Kansas City)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/11/jaqua-leads-seattles-10-expansion-draft-picks.html

As a TFC fan, I would like to thank Seattle for taking the Kiwi Lombardo....

This is who they took:

Nate Jaqua (Houston)

Brad Evans (Columbus)

Stephen King (Chicago)

Jeff Parke (New York

James Riley (San Jose)

Tyson Wahl (Kansas City)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/11/jaqua-leads-seattles-10-expansion-draft-picks.html

^ my guess is that Jaqua, Parke, K. Smith and Sturgis make the opening day lineup. Maybe even Vagenas. that's it.

man, Seattle must not think much of Johann Smith to take Jarrod Smith ahead of him? ouch. and yet there are TFC fans who think this guy is a key piece of the future. LOL

^ my guess is that Jaqua, Parke, K. Smith and Sturgis make the opening day lineup. Maybe even Vagenas. that's it.

man, Seattle must not think much of Johann Smith to take Jarrod Smith ahead of him? ouch. and yet there are TFC fans who think this guy is a key piece of the future. LOL

I've seen some Monteal fans on here slagging Jordan about his performances in CCL, and TBH he looked a little shaky at times there. I think he's a good USL keeper, but never took the bull by the horns in MLS. Sutton is a decent MLS keeper, and IMO a bit better than Jordan. I think we'll agree that there isn't a whole bunch of difference between the two.

I don't go to the RPB site so i'll take your word for it. Surprised they'd say that, but to each their own i guess.

As for the draft, thank god Seattle took Jarrod Smith! What were they thinking!? Does he have a green card i don't know about? Not to mention he'll be missing during international dates. Oh, and he's not that good. Stupid.

wow.

here we are worrying about the merits of exposing sutton, ricketts, nana, gala, johan smith etc etc and those sounders reached to the bottom of the bag and pulled out our own little Becks (in hair product only).

the challenge is to find the the most appropriate joke in response. pick one.

everyone on the west coast smokes pot?

here's your hat what's your hurry?

or maybe the one about seattle not having photos with the profiles and thinking they wanted that young fast kid named J. Smith?

just make sure the ink dries and the cheque clears and let 'em have 'im.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

This is who they took:

Nate Jaqua (Houston)

Brad Evans (Columbus)

Stephen King (Chicago)

Jeff Parke (New York

James Riley (San Jose)

Tyson Wahl (Kansas City)

Bizarre. Can't imagine why they'd want him, but for his sake I suppose that moves him a little closer to home. I'm glad he won't be taking up an international & senior roster spot for us, I didn't think he'd be back next year anyway.

I was expecting to get bad news out of this draft, so it's a pleasant surprise we get some good news instead.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Story is Parke is looking to Europe and was asking for a ton of dough to stay in New York... so we can probably take him off this list...

quote:Originally posted by Rujulus

2. Nate Jaqua, Houston Dynamo

lololol

That's a good pick. Nobody scored more points on TFC's roster except for Barrett.

Archived