John Kelly's website (CSA "corruption")

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

John Kelly, who once posted here as minor soccer with sometimes polemical results, has set up a website called CSASoccer.

It includes a longstanding question of importance to him related to the state of Alberta soccer management, as well as "inside" information on the CUSL, the CSA, Lenarduzzi.

I am not in a position to comment on the veracity of details on it, and find it rather incomplete in some areas, though there may be some here interested in parts of it. You'll find it at www.csasoccer.info.

Like Jeffery, I don't know any of the players featured on the website personally, so couldn't comment on the truth of any of the information. However, it does come off very much like the ramblings of mad man. A touch of editing might help make it slightly more readable and give it a more credible tone.

He's a douche bag. Anybody sees him on the street, run like hell. The guy is a walking law suit with the moral qualities of a coyote. Had more cases thrown out of court in Calgary than you can count.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

He's a douche bag. Anybody sees him on the street, run like hell. The guy is a walking law suit with the moral qualities of a coyote. Had more cases thrown out of court in Calgary than you can count.

But with so many Irrefutable Facts on his side, how can he lose? Probably the CSA infiltrating the judicial system.

Guest Jeffery S.

It is not a question of mad men or sane men, since most people in society would say most fanatical soccer fans are in the looney bin sector of society. It is simply a question of whether there is any merit, even half merit, in what he says.

Since the CSA does not work and we all know there is incompetence at the highest level, futile infighting, egos galore, provincial mentality, if there is anything there that smells at all valid even if it is not expressed well I would like to know. Beyond the fact that the messenger does not seem to have a good reputation amongst many Voyageurs. I recall perfectly well the minorsoccer days, and remember his reputation for taking conflict into litigation, which seemed extreme and unjustified at the time. But I also know what it means to look at Canadian soccer and get irate, sometimes rather madly irate; don't any of you?

Are there any articles or web pages that anyone knows of that could shed some light on the CUSL and its demise? I would be very interested in reading about it and seeing how they planned to set it up.

I just can't take much on this site seriously due to its poor formatting and venting paragraphs. I don't want to dismiss the information as garbage, but at the same time it all seems to be fueled by bitterness.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

There may be some truth in John Kelly's allegations, who knows. Unfortunately his manner does not foster empathy for him and his causes. He professes to be a paralegal by profession, hence his proclivity for lawsuits, futile as they may have turned out to be.

The Message matters not if The Messenger comes off as a loon.

Almost a voluntary, self-applied Cassandra Complex no?

The last I heard of John Kelly as a member of the Voyageur messageboard was during summer 2001 under the old website...Wasn't this guy banned by the moderator of the old Voyageur messageboard for uttering threats to several members of the messageboard???

Anyway his story or allegation are not new, in particular with regard to the demise of the CUSL...We all knew that Pipe had a-lot to do with that...I've always been a true believer of the CUSL. I wish that the CSA and the provincial associations would implement its ideas in forming a semi-professional league under the umbrella of the provincial leagues.

Archived