National Team realesed a shameful selection

Javier

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

So who would you call that isn't going to get cornholed by their club for going to a maningless match?

Considering the grief De Jong was given for playing a year ago I am actually surprised to see him on this roster, though I suppose the absence of Klukowski certainly solidified his starting prospects.

I'm not surprised by these selections: I think DM got a lot of "no" responses, for a variety of excuses/reasons and he kept going down the list, simple as that (I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Hoilett was a "no," as well).

Could someone refresh me on the Jamaica qualifying scenario? Do they need to win by a hatful of goals or is it simpler than that?

Thanks, Cheeta.

As for this match, I'm not going to get too excited either way regardless of the result. I figure that we'll see a match similar to the away fixture vs Honduras. The only confidence I have defensively is with our keeper and I think he'll allow the scoreline to flatter (and not "flatten") us. I could see DM starting a line up featuring Hainault and Harmse at CB, De Jong and Edgar at fullback, Stalteri and Issey on the midfield flanks, Grande, Ledgerwood, and Pozniak plugging the centre of midfield, and Gbeke as his lone ranger up front. So there's my Kreskin-esque prediction.

We can't be surprised. Dale Mitchell can't be expected to call up players who have slagged him off in public, and been overly critical of him. In fact, had he selected the likes of Friend, and De Rosario, then that would have left a huge question mark on his thought process. If I was in charge, and any player said the things that have been said, they would never play for me again.

Well .. it hasn't been a great experience for him really. Serbian friend of mine sent me a translation of an article in which he became something like the first (or maybe 2nd) payer in Red Star history to receive a zero for his match performance.

I think he could find a better system for himself elsewhere.

Respect to Marcel and Issey for showing up. If Mitchell wasn't a 'dead man walking' Occean would have to worry whether he has a future with Canada.

I hope Sportsnet will come through so we have a chance to see some of the younger guys who we don't otherwise have an opportunity to watch.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Is he even playing these days? I hear nothing about him.

Frankly, right now, all the guys selected for this side are more prepared to represent Canada than Jamie, even Chris Williams (who played quite well for Charleston this year, IMO).

Peters is just regaining fitness after a MCL injury. There were rumours that he wasn't getting along with his manager.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

no, the CSA is just displaying its vast knowledge of world geography. obviously they think Belgrade is in Croatia!

I'm almost 100% certain they made the same mistake last time around. It's something I would have thought they would have corrected quite quickly but maybe they just ignore any and all feedback these days.

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

Peters is just regaining fitness after a MCL injury. There were rumours that he wasn't getting along with his manager.

thanks for the update. I didn't recall reading that he had picked up an injury but at least this explains why he hasn't been playing, not even for the reserves

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

^Yes and no. If I got it right..

Honduras wins, Jamaica is out.

Honduras draws, Jamaica has to beat Canada by 7.

Honduras loses, Jamaica has to beat Canada to join Mexico in The Hex.

Slight correction to the above,

Honduras wins, Jamaica has to beat Canada by 8. (HON & JAM thru)

Honduras draws, Jamaica has to beat Canada by 7. (MEX & JAM thru)

Honduras loses, Jamaica has to beat Canada to join Mexico in The Hex.

I don't know if this has been posted here yet, but for comparison's sake here is Jamaica's roster:

Goalkeepers

Donovan Ricketts (Village United)

Shawn Sawyers (Portmore United)

Defenders

Ian Goodison (Tranmere Rovers)

Ricardo Gardner (Bolton Wanderers)

Damion Stewart (Queens Park Rangers)

Claude Davis (Derby County)

Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC)

Shavar Thomas (Chivas USA)

Midfielders

Rudolph Austin (FC Bran, Norway)

Oneil Thompson (FC Nottenden, Norway)

Demar Phillips (Stoke City)

Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday)

Andy Williams (Real Salt Lake)

Wolry Wolfe (Joe Public, TT)

Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley FC)

Jason Morrison (FC Feerncvaros, Hungary)

Forwards

Ricardo Fuller (Stoke City)

Luton Shelton (FC Valarenga)

Marlon King (Hull City)

Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids)

Dane Richards (New York Red Bulls)

Fabian Taylor (FC Nottonden)

According to some report in norway, Occean is recovering from an injury and could not make it. Apparently, he is not motivated to spend his time on the bench with the national team. He has 16 goals in all competition this year and his team finished third last.

i think the team for the future gold cup and for the future must be

hirchfeld/begovic/stamatopulos

edgar/nsaliwa/ serioux/jakovic /kuklowski/heinault/dejong

johnson/ /bernier/ de guzman/nsaliwa / hutchinson/harmse / simpson /de rosario/issey

hume/gerba friend/occean

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

I'm almost 100% certain they made the same mistake last time around. It's something I would have thought they would have corrected quite quickly but maybe they just ignore any and all feedback these days.

He is born in Croatia,but Serbian nationality and that why he plays in Serbia not Croatia.And if they go by the Country of his birth than, yeah it is Croatia.Or more precise Yugoslavia ;)

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

He is born in Croatia,but Serbian nationality and that why he plays in Serbia not Croatia.And if they go by the Country of his birth than, yeah it is Croatia.Or more precise Yugoslavia ;)

The country listed is the country that the club team is from and not where he was born. Red Star is in Serbia so they've got it wrong, simple as that.

A lot a players are reported injured but this is not true. they have a lack of respect for Dale. he is poor tactictian, he has no cv for an international coach and he cannot communicate with the players. he should go back and train BC united or something like that.

Archived