Canada Announces U-20 Roster

Back to Basics

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Technically Tannous is an NCAA player...he's no longer with TFC Academy...he left them a couple of months before the end of the CSL season.

Regardless, i think he's deserving. I saw him play 3 times this summer and I think quite highly of him. Strong player. A good competitor.

I know I've posted this before, but I watched TFCA vs. St. Catharines Wolves and Tannous was easily the most impressive player on the field.

quote:Originally posted by deschamp86

**WARNING - ETHAN GAGE CONSPIRACY THEORY**

Neindorf played a big role in Owen Hargreaves' move to Bayern Munich, and Hargreaves -- the Calgarian now starring in Manchester United's midfield -- is Gage's idol.

"He's done what I want to do," said Gage.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature10080801.aspx

Hmm, a 17 year old who was starting in midfield for the USL champs isn't called up for either the U20s or even the MNT?

Is he injured or saving himself for greener pastures?

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Why the love in for Ethan Gage? He's still very young and inexperienced. As much as he has a very bright future, he's only played a handful of games for the Whitecaps, and is still only 17 years old.

I agree he's still young.

But in comparison to most of the guys playing U20 here, I'd say he has more experience. There's got to be more to this one. Maybe someone can get it straight from the scource.

Why the love in for Ethan Gage? He's still very young and inexperienced. As much as he has a very bright future, he's only played a handful of games for the Whitecaps, and is still only 17 years old.

I don't think it is a love in but when you see a 17 year old BOY (still got some growing to do) playing against full grown, experienced, professional MEN and he does not look out of place at all I was amazed.

Not just his skills with the ball and pass / playmake selection it was his calm under fire. 2 or 3 checkers on him within a second of receiving a pass but no panic, create a bit of room and make an accurate pass to a teammate. Seeing it repeatedly against some of the the best teams in the USL.

Yea that is impressive! At least to me. Maybe I impress too easily. ;)

Obviously, I was way over the top with the MNT suggestion (I think I needed a "tongue in cheek" icon attached), but I am serious when referring to his level of first team pro experience compared to others on the list, regardless of his age, so I share the views of ag futbol and tmcmurph on this one.

Archived