Hume Hospitalised

JamboAl

quote:Originally posted by superbrad

And yet the FA still does nothing with respect to review and suspension. They could have made it right and they choose not to do so. Unbelieveable.

Protecting the refs first. That's their mission.

Now that said, had John Terry done Rooney with one of those types of challenges I can guarantee you all Hell would be braking loose.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by superbrad

And yet the FA still does nothing with respect to review and suspension. They could have made it right and they choose not to do so. Unbelieveable.

Protecting the refs first. That's their mission.

Now that said, had John Terry done Rooney with one of those types of challenges I can guarantee you all Hell would be braking loose.

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

Just saw on the BBC website that he's back in hospital. It sounds precautionary but still scary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/7747803.stm

Yah, it even made soccernet front page:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=595920&sec=england&cc=5901

pretty scary stuff head injuries, hope he gets well soon!

Tough break for Iain. Having seen how head injuries affect hockey players, it looks to me like he will be out a long time. I would say a year to 18 months before he plays at any level.

greating Hell. Sorry for the language, but the FA are greating pathetic and a bunch of chicken ****s.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7747803.stm

The FA has confirmed that no further action will be taken against Sheffield United's Chris Morgan for his challenge on Barnsley striker Iain Hume.

Hume, 25, suffered a fractured skull in the incident and although he left hospital last week, he was readmitted on Tuesday as a precaution.

A Barnsley statement said they were "extremely disappointed and concerned" that no action was to be taken.

Morgan, 31, was booked but the FA said it cannot upgrade yellow cards to red.

"The decision by the FA to disconnect a violent act from its consequences runs contrary to the principles of civil and criminal law," read the statement on Barnsley's website.

"The FA's failure to act has let Iain Hume down badly and the only option now remaining is for recourse outside of the normal football processes."

Here's the quotes from the FA spokeperson who explains why they didn't take more severe action:

Having reviewed all available evidence in this case, including submissions made by Barnsley, there is no basis on which an additional charge could be brought.

An FA spokesman earlier said: "When judging whether to take disciplinary action in this case, the FA has had to consider the challenge itself and not the outcome of it.

"The FA has been given express direction from Fifa that we cannot upgrade yellow cards to red.

"On this basis, we can only bring additional charges in the most exceptional cases and only if it can be proved beyond doubt that the actions of a player were a deliberate attempt to injure an opponent.

"Having reviewed all available evidence in this case, including submissions made by Barnsley, there is no basis on which an additional charge could be brought."

The guy has his feet planted firmly on the ground and doesn't even attempt a jump! Sticking out your elbow in that situation is clearly an attempt at intimidation "he just ran into my elbow".

The FA should watch out. If they don't protect the players things will get completely out of hand and fast.

I think Mr Morgan will get his career shortened soon. Financially he will be ruined and on the field I can see others taking action. Anyone going for a ball in the air near him will simply jump with their knee up to "protect themselves". You put up and elbow and I'll put up my knee.

Archived